DRAFT - Pitching Tiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    I know this is going to sound crazy but...I happened to notice that Marco Gonzales is having a great spring. I know, I know...small sample size, and spring games don't matter. However, there was once a time when Marco Gonzales was arguably the Cardinals most interesting major league ready pitcher...and then a series of injuries befell him, ending with Tommy John surgery. Last year he was just 1 year removed from TJ, now he's TWO years removed. He's saying that he didn't realize that he was only like 60-70% back last year even though he was saying he was 90% back because it had been so long since he felt like this that he didn't remember what it felt like to feel healthy. They are raving about movement on his pitches, his velocity is back to pre-injury form. I don't think anyone bids more than $1 in even the deepest AL-only leagues, but...he's guaranteed a spot in the M's rotation so he's going to get an opportunity. Just something to keep an eye on.
    I agree on Gonzales and have been a fan. Had to pay $3 to get him in our AL only, but worth it for me. Could flame out. But I needed innings and believe he has upside.

Comment

Working...
    X