No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny farquhar of the White Sox suffered a brain hemmorhage during yesterday’s game and is in critical condition. That is insane. Let’s hope he pulls through.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Danny farquhar of the White Sox suffered a brain hemmorhage during yesterday’s game and is in critical condition. That is insane. Let’s hope he pulls through.
      Ewwww. My previous boss and mentor had a cerebral bleed, and it's been extremely difficult.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Neris came in to put out a 3-2 Phillies fire with 2 out in the 8th and retired Marte.
        PHI scores 3 in the 9th and bags loaded with 1 out. if Kapler was an actual "committee" guy, no reason to let Neris bat there.
        but if he PHs, then the guy who starts the 9th can't get a SV.
        Neris batted, and got the SV.

committee, schmittee

Kapler caved to convention, and Neris is his guy
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Danny farquhar of the White Sox suffered a brain hemmorhage during yesterday’s game and is in critical condition. That is insane. Let’s hope he pulls through.
          Godspeed to Farquhar.

Bad loss for the Mets tonite. Up 3-0 w just 6 outs to get and give up 2 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th (looks like a successful squeeze play won it). Familia w the BS but these were the 1st ERs of the year for him.

Also, very bad loss for the Marlins. Up 4-1, they end up losing 6-5 on a walkoff HR by Jesus Aguilar. They had a couple of chances to pad the lead and failed. They blew the save in the 8th on an error. BearClaw w the BS but he would have preserved the lead if not for the error. Tazawa gave up the walkoff. They did what bad teams do - snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Neris came in to put out a 3-2 Phillies fire with 2 out in the 8th and retired Marte.
            PHI scores 3 in the 9th and bags loaded with 1 out. if Kapler was an actual "committee" guy, no reason to let Neris bat there.
            but if he PHs, then the guy who starts the 9th can't get a SV.
            Neris batted, and got the SV.

committee, schmittee

Kapler caved to convention, and Neris is his guy
            It might be a bit premature for bold pronouncements about the Phillies' bullpen situation, given that 2/3 of the ostensible closing committee, Hunter and Neshek, haven't even thrown a pitch yet.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              It might be a bit premature for bold pronouncements about the Phillies' bullpen situation, given that 2/3 of the ostensible closing committee, Hunter and Neshek, haven't even thrown a pitch yet.
              Correction now make that Neshek. Hunter was activated and pitched today.

Comment

• Hader w another 2-inning save today. Gave up an unearned and a H and a BB but struck out 3. Hader has been fantastic so far. He has to be considered one of the top relievers in MLB now. I have Knebel in 1 league so I hope he gets the job back but I'm not so sure if Hader keeps it up.
                Last edited by rhd; 04-22-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Hader w another 2-inning save today. Gave up an unearned and a H and a BB but struck out 3. Hader has been fantastic so far. He has to be considered one of the top relievers in MLB now. I have Knebel in 1 league so I hope he gets the job back but I' not so sure if Hader keeps it up.
                  I think the two inning saves are key to understanding that Knebel gets his job back. Hader is too valuable in a multiple-inning role to just have him be in the 9th. Him + Knebel is awesome. And, Knebel just started throwing off a mound yesterday, indicating he's not too far away.

Comment

I think the two inning saves are key to understanding that Knebel gets his job back. Hader is too valuable in a multiple-inning role to just have him be in the 9th. Him + Knebel is awesome. And, Knebel just started throwing off a mound yesterday, indicating he's not too far away.
                    Yes to Knebel getting his job back. However, Counsell was pretty explicit that Milwaukee will be very careful with Knebel, so he might be a bit farther away than expected.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                      that's ok, I own Neshek, too.

point is that I would have pinch-hit for Neris and let someone else finish. but Kapler stuck to the silly old formula.

I agree with chance on Knebel - probably several weeks away still. but he was insanely good last year and will get the closer role back when healthy, no matter how good Hader is.

I have Knebel, Neris, ERamos, Albers, Jeffress, and Neshek in a no-bench league - so I do pay attention to these pens lol

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Yes to Knebel getting his job back. However, Counsell was pretty explicit that Milwaukee will be very careful with Knebel, so he might be a bit farther away than expected.
                        :groan:
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yeah, I agree that he’s still likely on course for his 6-week timeframe, but that’s still a huge boon to his owners who feared he was done for.

Comment

A buddy of mine from high school suffered from a sudden brain aneurysm a couple of years ago. Took him close to a year to recover, and that is to maybe 80-85%. Talking with him now is like talking to the old him, but that was a long road, and while he can come off as his old self in casual conversation, and he is still in our high school league that has been going on for a quarter of a century now, he'll be on disability for the rest of his life. He will never be cognitively 100% of what he was. I wish Danny well. It will be a tough road, but folks do recover from this. But I doubt he ever pitches again, although at this point, I imagine that is far down his list anyway.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-23-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Rough night for a couple usually rock solid closers. Osuna is handed a 2-run lead in the 9th and gives up 4 hits and a walk to blow it and barely escaped falling behind when Nunez was thrown out at the plate. Also, Iglesias came in w 2 runners on and a 3-run lead, allows both runners to score and gives up 1 of his own to blow it.

Edit: Both teams won in extras after blowing the save.
                              Last edited by rhd; 04-24-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• 3 of the 4 Reds wins are on Mondays

so they don't like that Goodrats song, I guess

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X