2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    In the STL/CHC game, Holland came in to start the 8th with a 5-1 lead. Walk Schwarber, HR Baez, walk Russell, and he got pulled. Lyons got one out and then Norris got the last five with a single and three strikeouts.
    Yeah, it's pretty evident Holland isn't ready yet. Velocity looks good, but his location is awful.

But Bud Norris looks really good.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jansen blew another one last night, even though the Dodgers came back to win. Velo was down as was his command of his cutter...after the game Roberts said "he's not right", and some of his pitches were "straight as a string"

At some point you have to wonder what's going on...it's 3 weeks into the season now.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Hader with another 2-IP SV for MIL
        allowed a 2B with 2 outs in the 9th in a 2-0 game
        29 pitches

interesting approach

nice win, but I assume he's out tomorrow night - when maybe another RP could have pitched a respectable 8th tonight and at least hold the lead for Hader's 9th
        As a Brewer fan, I'll just say I'm a whole lot more confident in Hader facing Joey Votto than anyone else on their staff right now. Plus, Counsell's lifespan will now be shortened only on save opportunities that happen in back to back games.

Comment

• Hader's been so good, even across multiple innings, I wonder if they should eventually give him another shot at starting. But short term, he is a saving grace of that pen with Knebel out.

Comment

• Colome with another ugly save today: came on with a 3-run lead, walk, walk, K, run-scoring single, DP. He's given up runs in five of his eight appearances. ERA 9, WHIP 2.86. For what it's worth, Romo was warming up.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Colome with another ugly save today: came on with a 3-run lead, walk, walk, K, run-scoring single, DP. He's given up runs in five of his eight appearances. ERA 9, WHIP 2.86. For what it's worth, Romo was warming up.
              Very ugly considering the opponent.

Comment

• Barnes with a 2-inning SV for MIL today in a 2-0 win

at this point, Counsell is just focking with all of us
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Barnes with a 2-inning SV for MIL today in a 2-0 win

at this point, Counsell is just focking with all of us
                  LOL. On a traditional team, he'd almost certainly be the CIW behind Knebel. Barnes appears to have scrapped his curve, and is now relying on a 96-98 MPH four-seam and 90-92 MPH slider...and he's right handed. Counsell has just reached the point where if Hader or Barnes has a low pitch count and looks good in the 8th, he's just going to bring them back in the 9th. Jennings and Jeffress are pretty clearly bridge guys who will pitch anywhere from the 5th to 7th innings and will be used in higher leverage roles. Drake and Williams will be lower leverage MRs. Albers is the only one whose role looks undefined now.

And, jeez, Albers really is fat. He makes Colon and Sano look like well-conditioned athletes by comparison.

Comment

Colome with another ugly save today: came on with a 3-run lead, walk, walk, K, run-scoring single, DP. He's given up runs in five of his eight appearances. ERA 9, WHIP 2.86. For what it's worth, Romo was warming up.
                    Alvarado is the long term play. No chance Colome & Romo are on this roster by the trade deadline

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Alvarado is the long term play. No chance Colome & Romo are on this roster by the trade deadline
                      averages almost 99 mph

58% ground ball

negative is he is a lefty

I scooped him in as many leagues as possible

Comment

• Per what I just heard, Ken Giles has some sort of back issue going on - may even be bad enough to require DL stint.

Comment

• Neris was not clear as the Phillies closer, but he did get the 9th in a close game tonight and the SV.
                          Kapler is a wild card as MGR, though, so monitor.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            The Rotowire podcast speculated that Romo (who got blown up today) or Roe would get the call since Alvarado is the only lefty in the pen. Thoughts?

Comment

• Boxberger took the lost last night as he has pitched in 3 straight game. His line over this is 2 IP 3 ER 7 H 0 BB 1 HR 2 K 2 Loses 1 SV. A bit of a rough stretch and probably shouldn't have been used 3 straight games since he hasn't done this since 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                Boxberger took the lost last night as he has pitched in 3 straight game. His line over this is 2 IP 3 ER 7 H 0 BB 1 HR 2 K 2 Loses 1 SV. A bit of a rough stretch and probably shouldn't have been used 3 straight games since he hasn't done this since 2015.
                                Yeah, I thought they were being careful with him, but they got careless pretty quick. I suspect they will ease of pitching him three days in a row for a good while now.

Comment

Working...
                                X