Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA Top 100" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
    rhd - Where would you rank Julio Pablo Martinez (of, Tex)? Supposedly, Badler thinks he should be in about the 60 range. What are your thoughts?
    Thanx for the response, kawaise.

I had already added Martinez to the back of the list (#149). I have not seen or heard Badler's thoughts on him. BA does not have a scouting report listed for him. I have seen 3 prospect lists recent where he was ranked, as high as #42 on 1. One doesnt have a write-up and another I cant find rt now. The other one does have a short write-up, which says he's a power-speed guy, w the emphasis on speed. In his most recent Cuban league season he stole 24 bases in 29 tries in only 201 ABs. And playing in the Can-Am independent league in 2017, he had 20 SBs and 4 CSs in only 236 ABs. Kiley McDaniel at FG said in a recent chat that he'd put a 45 scouting grade on him. So, I've moved him up to #100 now. Very hard to rank a guy like this rt now.

Comment

Is there any way to see your updated list? I was just doing last minute prep for my draft tomorrow and noticed that the list at the front is obviously not the updated one (due to Honeywell). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Is there any way to see your updated list? I was just doing last minute prep for my draft tomorrow and noticed that the list at the front is obviously not the updated one (due to Honeywell). Thanks!
        Unfortunately I dont have time to post one tonite, as I'm also preparing for 2 drafts this weekend. I plan to post a new one before opening day.

Comment

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, there is "concern" that A's top pitching prospect A.J. Puk "may have a ligament issue in his pitching elbow."

Puk was shut down in A's camp last week after experiencing discomfort in his biceps, and that discomfort has apparently now extended down toward his elbow. Heyman writes that the 22-year-old left-hander is "thought to be going now for second opinions" and that "one remedy could be Tommy John surgery." Puk, the sixth overall pick in the 2016 MLB Draft, was on track to make his MLB debut sometime in 2018.
          Source: FanRag SportsMar 27 - 5:32 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, there is "concern" that A's top pitching prospect A.J. Puk "may have a ligament issue in his pitching elbow."

Puk was shut down in A's camp last week after experiencing discomfort in his biceps, and that discomfort has apparently now extended down toward his elbow. Heyman writes that the 22-year-old left-hander is "thought to be going now for second opinions" and that "one remedy could be Tommy John surgery." Puk, the sixth overall pick in the 2016 MLB Draft, was on track to make his MLB debut sometime in 2018.
            Source: FanRag SportsMar 27 - 5:32 PM
            Is his name pronounced "puck", "puke", or "pook"? Or another way?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Having TJ surgery and out probably until mid-2019. Bummer.

Comment

I find it interesting that Tommy John only really affects the stock of guys 2-3 years away from MLB, whereas prospects who have TJ when they've proven themselves in the upper minors tend to retain closer to 70% of their value. I experienced the same thing about 1 year ago now with Alex Reyes, and I still could've received a pretty big return for him around the trade deadline last year.

In summation, Puk carries that "ace" label, and seems likely to retain most of his value, up until any further physical issues arise. It's mostly just an ETA hit.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Victor Mesa Jr thoughts? RHD gave his already

Comment

Working...
                  X