HDID for my 10-tm AL keeper auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID for my 10-tm AL keeper auction

For those that enjoy perusing other people's teams, here is mine. I came in 3rd last season, in contention until the last 2 days. Still had some decent keepers. Inflation is about 20% and spent mostly on >$15 type players. Top man was Trout at $52, with Mookie at $45 and Altuve kept for $42. Top pitchers were Sale $38 and Kluber $37, Archer $30, Hamels $27, and Carrasco $25. Chapman was $28, Britton $27. My league is pretty savvy on all the "sleepers" and the higher end SPs went for quite a bit. I think that is my weak spot - no top rotation anchor. I need Duffy and Rodon to come through big, and Gausman to deliver ace-like numbers. Or make a trade at some point. I'm hoping my investment in closers-in-waiting in the uncertain DET and CHW bullpens prove profitable at some point.

CBS projections put me tied for 1st (using just auction lineups), while my own have me in 2nd. Thoughts? Observations? Comparisons to your AL-only?

Position Player Salary
    C1 Chirinos, Robinson 1
    C2 Maxwell, Bruce 1
    1B Santana, Carlos 20
    2B Travis, Devon 8 - keeper
    SS Anderson, Tim 7 - keeper
    3B Bregman, Alex 2 - keeper
    CI Pujols, Albert 22
    MI Machado, Manny 20 - keeper
    OF1 Cruz, Nelson 35
    OF2 Springer, George 35
    OF3 Gomez, Carlos 22
    OF4 Valencia, Danny 3
    OF5 Martin, Leonys 13
    U Smith, Mallex 4
    P1 Duffy, Danny 5 - keeper
    P2 Rodon, Carlos 8 - keeper
    P3 Gausman, Kevin 18
    P4 Odorizzi, Jake 15
    P5 Cotton, Jharel 7
    P6 Devenski, Chris 1
    P7 Jones, Nate 3
    P8 Dyson, Sam 3 - keeper
    P9 Osuna, Roberto 7 - keeper

Reserve Round Players
    O DeShields, Delino CF 8
    O Karns, Nathan SP 7
    O Rondon, Bruce RP 6
    O Norris, Derek C 5
    O Travis, Sam 1B 4
    O Jimenez, Joe RP 3
    O Burdi, Zack RP 2
    O Duffey, Tyler SP 1

Looks like a winning team to me. DeShields in the reserve round is a coup and having 2 good closers is key. Your starting pitching has a little risk but most teams will in an AL-only. Your offense looks pretty damn balanced with your only hole being catcher (obviously). Not sure if you could flip Leonys Martin for a solid catcher (Vogt?) and put DeShields in your starting lineup.

Comment

Very solid - nice work!
      My AL only next Friday, always nice to see results.
      If Martin & Deshields start looking like the same player, maybe you can package one of them with a midSP (Odorizzi?) for an upgrade at SP.
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Solid team but I would look for another SP for depth. I agree about flipping SB for a need (C/SP).
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Nice blend of power and speed, I really don't care that you essentially punted Catcher, it's a vast wasteland after the first couple of guys. Pitching isn't bad, but with Rodon hurt, I think that you'll need to add someone significant. He should be fine, but might miss a while. Love the Pujols buy, I think that he's in for a really big season. I think that with a little tweaking, you'll be right there to the end, again. Hopefully with a better result.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            Very solid - nice work!
            My AL only next Friday, always nice to see results.
            If Martin & Deshields start looking like the same player, maybe you can package one of them with a midSP (Odorizzi?) for an upgrade at SP.
            Thanks - happy to share more details of my auction if you're interested for your prep. Let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
              Thanks - happy to share more details of my auction if you're interested for your prep. Let me know!
              Always interested in collecting auction price data!

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Wow...very impressive, especially coming off an attempt to win. You can flip Norris in at C, put DeShields in for Mallex, and slot Karns n somewhere. You can wait on a C until teams start dumping, and try and upgrade at SP along the way.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                  Always interested in collecting auction price data!
                  Here are the results of my auction - a "K" in the far right column means it was a keeper. The "$AVG" is my un-inflated dollar value going into the auction, calculated using a weighted average of a number of different projection systems.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                    Here are the results of my auction - a "K" in the far right column means it was a keeper. The "$AVG" is my un-inflated dollar value going into the auction, calculated using a weighted average of a number of different projection systems.
                    Excellent - thanks!

Current Lineup:

Comment

Working...
                    X