No announcement yet.

2K24: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see investing in any of them unless they go crazy cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      The Rox roster construction continually baffles me!
      It continually baffles them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        It continually baffles them too.
        lololololol
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Umm, I just noticed that they signed José Iglesias about a week ago to play SS? LOL. It just keeps getting better. I guess he's rosterable in NL-only if he plays everyday but hitting very low in the lineup.

Comment

• The Rockies appear to want to do barely enough to 1) Field an actual baseball team that has enough players at every position, and 2) Have at least one star player they can market to encourage fans to buy tickets. They don’t appear to have an actual strategy designed to help them return to competitiveness.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
              The Rockies appear to want to do barely enough to 1) Field an actual baseball team that has enough players at every position, and 2) Have at least one star player they can market to encourage fans to buy tickets. They don’t appear to have an actual strategy designed to help them return to competitiveness.
              Exactly--they have so many needs, it would have made so much more sense to spread that around to address those needs. I think you are right on target for why the spent the way they did. One big name acquisition to drive casual fans to games.

Comment

• Any word on why Grichuk was benched last night against a lefty at home?

Related to the catch he made in the last game?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Any word on why Grichuk was benched last night against a lefty at home?

Related to the catch he made in the last game?
                  On a Rockies blog a poster just asked the same question. The response was the Rockies (much maligned) analytics dept believes that when an OF makes a great game saving catch he is less likely to hit well in the next game.

Comment

• Here's a shocker: which team's bullpen has the lowest ERA in MLB so far? Yep, the Rockies'. Coming into today, it was 0.68. They actually gave up a run today at Coors, but Bard still got the save. It is still league best at 0.87. They also are tied w the most saves at 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Here's a shocker: which team's bullpen has the lowest ERA in MLB so far? Yep, the Rockies'. Coming into today, it was 0.68. They actually gave up a run today at Coors, but Bard still got the save. It is still league best at 0.87. They also are tied w the most saves at 5.
                      OK, so here's the plan: I'll overbid for him since I'm short on saves and then he'll revert to the Bard we know and love and I'll end up with 4 saves at the cost of a 6.27 ERA before he loses his job. Hmm, feels like I might be getting a little jaded with the annual closer chase.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• And Grichuk sits out another one. He must have an injury.

Comment

• Kyle Freeland $65 million extension because league average pitchers who strike out 18% of hitters faced are so hard to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Kyle Freeland $65 million extension because league average pitchers who strike out 18% of hitters faced are so hard to find.
                            I bet they have to overpay for pitching because of the Coors effect. And it's the Rockies

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                              I bet they have to overpay for pitching because of the Coors effect. And it's the Rockies
                              I think it's the rockies is the only excuse (and that's not really an excuse, just an explanation).

If you can't sign free agent pitchers, sign hitters who want to pump their stats and trade other hitters for equivalent pitchers. Draft pitchers, develop pitchers.

But overpaying a mediocre at best pitcher because free agents don't want to come there doesn't solve anything at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I think it's the rockies is the only excuse (and that's not really an excuse, just an explanation).

If you can't sign free agent pitchers, sign hitters who want to pump their stats and trade other hitters for equivalent pitchers. Draft pitchers, develop pitchers.

But overpaying a mediocre at best pitcher because free agents don't want to come there doesn't solve anything at all.
                                Exactly! What a craptastic franchise. I wanted to trade for Zac Veen this offseason. Then I thought to myself: “How many times have I been burned by the Rockies colossal failures at player development?”

I had a little fun with Dexter Fowler early in his career. But the slow promotion cycle and failure to develop folks like Dahl, Rodgers, Matzek, Hampson, etc. — I just won’t go there again.

Comment

Working...
                                X