The greatness of Pujols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatness of Pujols

Pujols has the most bulletproof resume of work imaginable. I would think he is the single highest dollar player in every league format out there.

We are well into a good chunk of the season, yesterday Pujols had one of his more unimpressive outings, and 0 fer 5, stranding 8. Batting .231. Seems all so un Pujols like.

Pressing for that fa payout? Or his early struggles are meaningless, and he will end up in his usual .320 avg/45 hr/140 rbi?

In 12 team keeper league, the current leader is looking for hitting and willing to trade pitching. I currently have the worst staff in the league. Is it worth offering him Pujols (final year of contract) for Roy Halladay. Do I need more for Pujols? He also has Weaver, Scherzer, J Sanchez, Latos and kuroda. I can move Gordon to corner IF slot if necessary

Comment

Just quickly went to Fangraphs and saw Pujols is batting .231 and has a .202 BABIP.

How is that possible?

ETA: Found the answer:
      BABIP = (H - HR)/(AB-HR-K). The HR cause the discrepancy.

Also same for Posada: .167 BA .145 BABIP
      Last edited by schlesinj; 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Just quickly went to Fangraphs and saw Pujols is batting .231 and has a .202 BABIP.

How is that possible?
        Because I paid $59 for him making him the highest paid player I ever purchased.

Because he is intentionally playing lousy so he can accept a reasonable contract from the Cards without getting heat from the players union.

Because he is really 52 years old.

Because he is no longer on the juice.

Of all of these fantastically improbable scenarios the first one is most likely.

Comment

lousy LD rate, a lot more GB than FB which might mean fewer hits with his slow speed. A few times I've watched him, he just rolls over the outside pitch and hits a routine grounder.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'd bet if you look at the robot's career he's had really down months before. It's just much more noticeable when that really down month is April, because you can see it clearly in the season stats. I suspect at the end of the season he'll have had a mildly down year batting average wise, but otherwise close to his career norms.

Comment

Some baseball-reference peeking shows:

July 2010: .267/.333/.515, 6 HR, 15 RBI
              March/April 2007: .250/.343/.489, 6 HR, 15 RBI

Comment

Working...
              X