Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top 100 list

is up at rotowire http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/sho...e.htm?id=12701

I know I'm a sellout to put it behind a pay wall but bills have to be paid somehow. Here's a peek at my current top 25 with the understanding I don't rank college kids, imports, or anyone that has already been in the majors in 2011

1 OF Bryce Harper WAS
    2 OF Mike Trout LAA
    3 C Jesus Montero NYY
    4 3B Mike Moustakas KC
    5 1B Eric Hosmer KC
    6 P Julio Teheran ATL
    7 P Matt Moore TB
    8 OF Will Myers KC
    9 P Shelby Miller STL
    10 SS Manny Machado BAL
    11 OF Desmond Jennings TB
    12 2B Dustin Ackley SEA
    13 3B Lonnie Chisenhall CLE
    14 P Jacob Turner DET
    15 P Manny Banuelos NYY
    16 2B Jason Kipnis CLE
    17 P Mike Montgomery KC
    18 2B Brett Lawrie TOR
    19 P John Lamb KC
    20 P Jameson Taillon PIT
    21 P Drew Pomeranz CLE
    22 C Wilin Rosario COL
    23 P Jarrod Parker ARI
    24 P Danny Duffy KC
    25 P Tyler Matzek COL

Well, I'm happy to know that I have #21 and #23 in my minor league team....just traded for Pomeranz.

But, Jason...I've heard that Parker has been sucking big time in AAA....true?

Comment

Jennings and Ackley are doing all they can to drop off the top prospect lists.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Nice, I've got Trout, Moore, Chisenhall, Kipnis, and Pomeranz in RJEL
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          Well, I'm happy to know that I have #21 and #23 in my minor league team....just traded for Pomeranz.

He's coming back off the surgery and it has only been a few games.

Same with Jennings and Ackley -- talent plays out. Let's see where they're at after 250 plate appearances

Comment

Are you down on D. Brown or is he not on the list because he's considered in the majors while on the DL right now?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Did you just ask Jason if he's down with the brown?

Comment

You might want to dig into John Lamb some more. I know he was even better regarded than Montgomery by some, but he's really sucked and there's reports of a notable drop in velocity from last year.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  You might want to dig into John Lamb some more. I know he was even better regarded than Montgomery by some, but he's really sucked and there's reports of a notable drop in velocity from last year.
                  latest reports say the velocity is back after recovering from a back injury.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Are you down on D. Brown or is he not on the list because he's considered in the majors while on the DL right now?
                    I figured he was drafted in leagues as people thought he was going to be on the 25 man so I did not treat him as a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                      He's actually pitching for AA Mobile right now. Coming off TJ surgery, it may take a few months for his stamina and command to come back, but I think by this time next year, he will be one of the top 5 pitchers in the minors. FWIW, his last two starts have been better - 2 Wins, 10 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 6 BB, 10K. The velocity is back in the mid 90s, but the command still isn't quite there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                        He's actually pitching for AA Mobile right now. Coming off TJ surgery, it may take a few months for his stamina and command to come back, but I think by this time next year, he will be one of the top 5 pitchers in the minors. FWIW, his last two starts have been better - 2 Wins, 10 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 6 BB, 10K. The velocity is back in the mid 90s, but the command still isn't quite there yet.
                        Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it.

This is why I need guys like you, Jason and others here at RJ to help with my minor leaguers.

U GUYS ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          latest reports say the velocity is back after recovering from a back injury.
                          Update: Elbow injury for Lamb. Severity yet unknown.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                          X