Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Michael Brantley

Not starting off on the right foot!

Sources tell Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports that Michael Brantley (shoulder) could miss "significant time" at the beginning of next season.
    Per these sources, doctors had to "re-anchor the muscle to the bone" during Brantley's most recent right shoulder surgery in mid-August. That procedure will come with another lengthy rehabilitation -- possibly much longer than the initial projection of four months. Brantley and the Indians are both refuting Heyman's report, for what it's worth. The 29-year-old outfielder appeared in only 11 games this season for Tribe after earning MVP votes in 2014 and 2015.
    Source: FanRag SportsSep 29 - 12:16 PM

I love the 2K threads...

Comment

Well that sucks. Dumb of me to extend him at the start of last year. Not only did he do nothing for me this year, he will likely do nothing for me next year.

Comment

Before this season, I traded Jesse Winker for him. He gave me nothing.

I will never touch him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Well that sucks. Dumb of me to extend him at the start of last year. Not only did he do nothing for me this year, he will likely do nothing for me next year.
          I learned my lesson about extensions a long time ago, I give them out sparingly and usual only 1 year. I enjoy the tremendous year extension which should help my team that year - over extending them 3 plus year and ending up with a Brantly. Esp Pitchers 1 year is all they get from me.

Nothing worse then seeing someone own a player like Braun/ trout for 5 then give him - a zillion years thus stealing a mass of value from his yearly contract. Then like Braun get nailed for steroids and hit by Inj.

Comment

I mispoke. He was due for extension prior to this year. I could have had him at 5, but decided two years at 10 was worth it. So, I just extended him for 1 year, but it was 1 too many.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              I learned my lesson about extensions a long time ago, I give them out sparingly and usual only 1 year. I enjoy the tremendous year extension which should help my team that year - over extending them 3 plus year and ending up with a Brantly. Esp Pitchers 1 year is all they get from me.

Nothing worse then seeing someone own a player like Braun/ trout for 5 then give him - a zillion years thus stealing a mass of value from his yearly contract. Then like Braun get nailed for steroids and hit by Inj.
              If we don't extend (where it makes sense) we lose too much trade value during the season. This applies to contending as well as rebuilding. If giving a year still nets me a projected decent profit, I will give the year.

Comment

Working...
              X