Braves Tough Week Continues: Lowe arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braves Tough Week Continues: Lowe arrested for DUI

Wow - I'm still surprised when I see athletes say things that would be censored through the media department of their organizations in a pre-Twitter day:

@Kris Medlen: Double header with the brew crew??..... Everyone is Gunna be drunk off there asses!
    @gondee: Wait, is Lowe pitching? RT @KrisMedlen: Double header with the brew crew??..... Everyone is Gunna be drunk off there asses!
    @Kris Medlen: ****ing douchebag.
    @gondee: Are you talking about me or Lowe, because driving drunk is kind of douchey. RT @KrisMedlen: @gondeee ****ing douchebag.
    @Kris Medlen said: all I'm saying is don't use twitter to say things you wouldn't say to the man's face. THAT sounds pretty douchy.
    @gondee said: @Kris Medlen: It was an off-color joke on my part. Apologies. Unfortunately, a public figure is subject to public scrutiny, esp. when they f-up, like Lowe did.

You'd think in light of the Roger McDowell situation the organization would have been very clear about the dangers of interacting with fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Wow - I'm still surprised when I see athletes say things that would be censored through the media department of their organizations in a pre-Twitter day:

@Kris Medlen: Double header with the brew crew??..... Everyone is Gunna be drunk off there asses!
      @gondee: Wait, is Lowe pitching? RT @KrisMedlen: Double header with the brew crew??..... Everyone is Gunna be drunk off there asses!
      @Kris Medlen: ****ing douchebag.
      @gondee: Are you talking about me or Lowe, because driving drunk is kind of douchey. RT @KrisMedlen: @gondeee ****ing douchebag.
      @Kris Medlen said: all I'm saying is don't use twitter to say things you wouldn't say to the man's face. THAT sounds pretty douchy.
      @gondee said: @Kris Medlen: It was an off-color joke on my part. Apologies. Unfortunately, a public figure is subject to public scrutiny, esp. when they f-up, like Lowe did.

You'd think in light of the Roger McDowell situation the organization would have been very clear about the dangers of interacting with fans.
      Holy crap, that's awful! You can do whatever you want to your own body, but once you're putting others at risk, there's good reason for people to be upset with you. Anyone driving drunk puts others at risk. That's not something to make light of, in my opinion. Medlen needs to get his head out of his a##. I'm not one to judge the Braves as an organization for what two or three people have done or said, but it'd be nice if they put this stuff to rest quickly and got their guys a bit more under control.

Comment

@The Dane: @Kris Medlen: Shut your trap and rehab. Tweeting is tough with one arm anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          I'm not one to judge the Braves as an organization for what two or three people have done or said, but it'd be nice if they put this stuff to rest quickly and got their guys a bit more under control.
          I'm right there with you. I've been looking for a new football team to follow lately because it's frustrating as hell to be a Cowboys fan sometimes when they consistently shrug at character issues. Now that I'm a dad and want to enjoy these sports with my son I am hesitant to have him cheer for that type of organization. The Braves have been a pretty classy and tight lipped organization for the most part of the years and over the past two weeks they've made the Cowboys look like Notre Dame.

Comment

Working...
          X