2K16: Cheslor Cuthbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Cheslor Cuthbert

CC has been a low flier for a while now. This is from rhd's 2012 preseason list:

69 Cheslor Cuthbert - You'd never tell from his name that he's from Nicaragua. Considered a hi-upside guy. Was the youngest player in the MWL and has held his own so far. Projects to be above-average in hitting and power. He's a below-average runner, and it's a question whether he can stick at 3B.

Here is his company. Nice list BTW:

64 Devin Mesoraco
    65 Javy Guerra
    66 Nick Franklin
    67 Will Middlebrooks
    68 Nick Castellanos
    69 Cheslor Cuthbert
    70 Travis D'Arnaud
    71 Jake Odorizzi
    72 A.J. Cole

More recently
    Unless you’re a Royals fan or a prospect connoisseur, you might have no idea who Cheslor Cuthbert is, but my nerdily-sorted spreadsheets really like the Nicaraguan infielder. Last year, he hit .277/.339/.429 as a 22-year-old in Triple-A. He also struck out in an encouragingly low 14% of his trips to the plate. He already looks like a Royal.

That performance, along with the fact that he plays primarily third base — a somewhat premium defensive position — landed Cuthbert at 74th on KATOH’s preseason top-100 list, placing him tops among Royals farmhands. That was before he opened this season by slashing .333/.402/.624 in 24 games. He was one of the very best hitters at Triple-A over the season’s first month, and was quite possibly the best prospect-age hitter in Triple-A.

He has good hands a strong arm, so 3B is likely the longterm position. He ain't George Brett, but Moustakas he might become. So far he's unowned in 99% of Yahoo leagues.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude
Working...
X