X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy or Sell

Melvin Upton through 124 AB

5 hr, 7sb, 16 runs, 16 rbi 282/366/460

On Pace for a 20/30 80/80 campaign..........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

As a Tiger fan I would be jumping for joy if that was Justin's stats. His babip 357 is above his career norm and his contact is at 72. also above his career norm. But if you compare that to last season his has maintained right around this level now for 329 AB. Maybe playing with the Padres changed this but his stats at home not so great much better on the road. History tells us to sell and I would have to still agree with that.

Comment

He's one of those players who is of benefit to you, who likely picked him off waivers, but no one will deal anything of any value for. Now if you can get something of value for him, I'd ship him off. Too much risk he'll turn back into nothing, considering his BABIP is a lofty .353 right now.

Comment

he's a .250 or so hitter, in reality, which is a big improvement from recent years - and he's bounced back to that level for 3/4 of a season in 2015-16. with some pop and some speed, a very useful player now.

but yeah, no one is going to make him the centerpiece of a dump trade, at age 31. so enjoy the ride - he'll produce a profit for everyone who bought him this year.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Someone is offering a $1 Drew Pomeranz for BJ at $1
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Well, you're the Padre guy, is Pomerantz for real? he wouldn't be the 1st guy to take the long road to being a useful pitcher. And what do you need more? Keeper or not?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd do that in a second. If BJ continues to produce like this, so be it, but this is too good to pass up.

Comment

Take it. BJ will not keep it up. Pomeranz was on a lot of sleeper lists pre-season. Good deal for you.

Comment

Working...
                X