AL-Only scrub help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-Only scrub help

I had high hopes for my 10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) team but pretty much my whole offense has started slow (JD Martinez, Sano, Tulo, etc.). My main weakness is OBP which sits at a putrid .302 right now. The one available player who stands out to me is Brandon Guyer who despite a paltry walk rate, gets hit by pitches so much that he has a .127 isolated patience so far this year.

I have a spate of crappy outfielders, but which one would you drop for Guyer?
    Desmond Jennings - still presumably has upside but looks brutal out there
    Preston Tucker - not doing well so far, still has the great minor league track record and he's at a keeper price ($1)
    Lonnie Chisenhall - getting fairly regular playing time and doing okay, 3B eligibility helps also
    Cheslor Cuthbert - he's exciting because he's new, probably not a ton of upside though

I'm not sure Guyer is really going to help you move the needle that much on OBP with his lack of playing time. Your 3 studs that are slumping should come around and improve their OBP and those are the guys that will help it over all. I guess if you really wanted to pick Guyer up I might drop Cuthbert because of Moose at the 3rd and I think Colon will be the guy at 2nd with Infante so I don't see a position for him at least after Moose comes back.

Comment

Working...
    X