No announcement yet.

Shandler's new format - "Rotisserie 500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay...I'll set it up for a test run on Wednesday night at 8 pm EDT/5 pm PDT. Will that work for everyone?

If so, I'll need everyone's e-mail address (send it to [email protected] with the subject "RotoJunkie500 Draft", so I can make sure it does not get filtered into junk).

Also, I noted this in the Constitution:
    There will be one or more Facilitators who run the draft proceedings. The Facilitator will award the player to the team that drafts the player where no auction is called and/or award the player to the winner of any called auctions. The team acquires the player for the pre-established list price and announces the roster position the player will fill. Players eligible at more than one position may be shifted during the course of the draft.

The process is repeated, with successive team owners acquiring players, until every team has drafted enough players to complete their 23-man active roster by requisite position. This need not be completed within a team’s first 23 picks. The draft proceeds into the reserve rounds and continues until no more owners have an interest in filling slots on their reserve rosters.

The Facilitator will ensure that time limits between bids are maintained and proceedings run smoothly through the draft and auction processes. All decisions of the Facilitator are final.
    Do we have someone who is not playing to serve as the Facilitator?
    2021 Auction Anatomy
    2021 Keeper Decisions
    2020 Auction Anatomy
    2020 Pre-Auction
    2015 Auction Anatomy
    2014 Auction Anatomy
    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      Okay...I'll set it up for a test run on Wednesday night at 8 pm EDT/5 pm PDT. Will that work for everyone?

If so, I'll need everyone's e-mail address (send it to [email protected] with the subject "RotoJunkie500 Draft", so I can make sure it does not get filtered into junk).

Also, I noted this in the Constitution:
      Do we have someone who is not playing to serve as the Facilitator?
      I'm good for tomorrow night, just emailed you.

I would think we could recruit someone from here to be the "Facilitator", preferably someone who could also be an alternate owner if someone doesn't show up next week. We could get by without a Facilitator if we had to.

I guess we'll see what kind of turnout we have tomorrow night, but I'm wondering if we need to start a new "The Rotojunkie 500 Club Draft-Please Check In Here" thread?
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• I can check in tomorrow at 5 as long as that's all we're doing and it's not taking too long. I am pretty confident in WebEx working for me as it's what my company uses for conferences also.

- Mike
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in tomorrow but I've used WebEx before as well and don't think I'll have any issues. I'll try to make it, though. I'm all set for next Tuesday and Wednesday if needed, 8pm Eastern. I'll send my e-mail anyway so you'll have it on file for next week's event invite.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
            I just emailed Todd for an update regarding OnRoto. Assuming that all comes together, we're shooting for our draft next Tuesday, April 5, with a spillover to Wednesday if necessary.

If possible, I think we should try ThatRogue's WebEx system this week to make sure we are all able to get up and running and to discuss any remaining issues we need to hammer out. ThatRogue, do you mind taking point on that?

-League Name

The Rotojunkie 500 Club

-League Type

Mixed, and we have decided to use Shandler's stats assuming OnRoto is going to accommodate them.

-Who's In

1. joncarlos
            2. TopChuckie - E-Mail Address Received
            3. wannabegriffey
            4. BigJonEmpire
            5. mjl - E-Mail Address Received
            6. mgwiz22 - E-Mail Address Received
            7. laron - E-Mail Address Received
            8. Piney Boy
            9. ThatRogue
            10. Hawks Nest
            11. netboy47
            12. BuckyBuckner - E-Mail Address Received
            13. TranaGreg

14. Flyman?
            14. SPF?

If anyone else is interested, please speak up, as I would not be surprised if an owner or two winds up not making it to the draft, so we certainly could use a few alternates to insure we maintain at least 12 teams....
            I have only received a few e-mail addresses at this point. Do you want me to set up the Test only for those who have responded, or should we wait for everyone?
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

I have only received a few e-mail addresses at this point. Do you want me to set up the Test only for those who have responded, or should we wait for everyone?
              I guess I'll PM the names you haven't heard from and tell them to check in here and we'll still go forward with tonight's get together.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Turns out I can be available for the test run tonight. My plans fell through so please include me tonight. Thanks
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I will try to check in for the test run tonight but I am not sure if I can make it. How do I access the test run?

Comment

• Still in. Didn't get anything for the test run

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Still in. Didn't get anything for the test run
                      Me neither. I'm here, standing by.

Comment

• My apologies for the delay. I received a limited number of responses and no replies here as of mid-day, so I assumed most people were not available. I have set it up for 8:30 pm EDT and everyone that forwarded me an e-mail address should have received a message with the details.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• I am also still in. Had to work tonight and just finally got time to get online. I am off next week on Tuesday and Wednesday night so all is good.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• We had the little WebEx get together last night and it went pretty smoothly. Just to summarize some of the things we discussed:

1. We will use audio during the draft, but only for conversation/trash talk, all nominating/bidding will be done via the IM/Chat feature, both for record keeping and to remove any confusion from voice recognition.

2. We will use Google Docs to dynamically track the rosters throughout the draft. Any players won via overbid will be highlighted on the rosters and once your roster has three highlighted players your overbidding is complete.

3. Just in case someone pushes the $500 cap before they have filled out their requisite 23-man active roster, we will track max bid and once you drop to $1 per open active roster spot you will only be allowed to nominate/draft $1 players.

4. I will send out a spreadsheet today with rookies ($10) and $1 players added to Shandler's values. Shandler-valued players will be in black, players for whom I have added values will be in green so you know who to double check if something appears out of line.

I think that's all the pertinent stuff we discussed, if anyone remembers anything else, please share it.

Below is the response I got from Todd regarding OnRoto, I emailed him and asked if he had any news:

Sorry, but not really. I talked with Scott Wilderman from OnRoto briefly during Tout Wars and got the impression he had talked with Ron. I'll send them an e-mail to see if they have been working things out. They already had the Toronto draft and we'll be doing the NYC one this weekend. We should have news over the weekend. I would be willing to bet Ron would be interested in the results of the league and possibly give it a mention or two if you want me to talk to him about it.

Sorry I don't have more, but don't worry, it may be last minute, but everything well be pulled together.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                              We had the little WebEx get together last night and it went pretty smoothly. Just to summarize some of the things we discussed:

1. We will use audio during the draft, but only for conversation/trash talk, all nominating/bidding will be done via the IM/Chat feature, both for record keeping and to remove any confusion from voice recognition.
                              Good to know. That makes things easier for me - I might end up listening on headphones since my daughter will be asleep and I'd rather not have to sit downstairs in the kitchen all night

Comment

• I'm still in. Where are we with the complete process? Is anything concrete re: rules, draft date, fees, prize $$, etc etc.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X