Shandler's new format - "Rotisserie 500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    I was forced to leave a list and leave early yesterday. I had wanted to pick an active pitching reserve to replace Matusz but when I looked this morning I had not. Is it possible for me to pick up McClellan -6 and activate him for Matusz for the 1st week?
    On stuff like this I'd kind of prefer if the league would just govern itself as a whole, I don't necessarily want to have to rule on an issue like this, especially in a league where I'm sort of just the default commish and my objectivity has not been established yet, plus after the "20-games" brouhaha... Under the circumstances at the draft, I'd be fine letting you have McClellan, but in the interest of ruffling the least feathers, I'd say just ride with Matusz this period and pick up a replacement via FAAB.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• No problem. An empty slot for the week is fine.

Comment

• Thanks to Chuck and all the other that helped with putting in all rosters/prices/lineups, that must have been a lot of fun

As of now, every single available free agent is minimum $1 bid, correct?

What happens if two or more teams bid the same amount on one player? Ties goes to lowest-ranked team by current standings?

Does the winning bid get reduced to "second-lowest-plus-one", or are you stuck overpaying?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by laron View Post
          Thanks to Chuck and all the other that helped with putting in all rosters/prices/lineups, that must have been a lot of fun

As of now, every single available free agent is minimum $1 bid, correct?

What happens if two or more teams bid the same amount on one player? Ties goes to lowest-ranked team by current standings?

Does the winning bid get reduced to "second-lowest-plus-one", or are you stuck overpaying?

Thanks!
          You are correct about everything, and you pay what you bid in FAAB and that is also his salary, not a Vickrey Auction.

FAAB tie-breaker standings will be as of the day/moment(?) FAAB is processed, not that particular scoring period. Not sure how they handle games in progress at 11 PM Eastern but it reads like this at OnRoto:

When determining the standings order in which owners are awarded their bids or ties are broken, do you use the current standings or the standings as they were back when the most recent scoring cycle began (which would be the standings as of one week earlier for most leagues)?
          The default setting is "Use the current standings".

Steven deserves almost all the credit for roster input.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

• How do you designate which player is being substitued for by a free agent that you acquire if the player that you bid on is to be active.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
              How do you designate which player is being substitued for by a free agent that you acquire if the player that you bid on is to be active.
              I have to defer to those with OnRoto experience for that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                I have to defer to those with OnRoto experience for that one.
                When do rosters have to be set? FAAB is processed at 11 PM EST on Sunday nights, correct? I think the easiest thing to do is set it up that rosters for the week need to be set by Noon on Monday. That way you have your FAAB bids and can look at your team and decide who you want to play for the week.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  When do rosters have to be set? FAAB is processed at 11 PM EST on Sunday nights, correct? I think the easiest thing to do is set it up that rosters for the week need to be set by Noon on Monday. That way you have your FAAB bids and can look at your team and decide who you want to play for the week.
                  That is how it is. I thought his question was if he wants his FA pickup up to go directly to the active roster for a particular player, how does he convey that? But since there are no fees for transactions, it doesn't matter where the system puts your FA acquisitions as long as you log in Monday mornings to set your lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                    That is how it is. I thought his question was if he wants his FA pickup up to go directly to the active roster for a particular player, how does he convey that? But since there are no fees for transactions, it doesn't matter where the system puts your FA acquisitions as long as you log in Monday mornings to set your lineup.
                    I don't think you can set it up to reserve a different player if you win a FAAB bid. I will try to take a closer look this weekend but I can't look at it tonight.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• my question

The answer about the lineups answers my question. I had no idea when the bids were being processed and their sysytem asked me if the player I am bidding on will be active or reserved therefore I wanted to know if I picked up a player as active and did not drop a player then how did the system know who to reserve.

Comment

• Guys, please drop Anibal Sanchez from my roster, I added him to my list of drops but I must've screwed up, I'm attaching a screenshot I took in case this happened so you can see

Apparently I can't attach this file here, I'll email to Chuckie

Comment

• Is it me or are relievers very undervalued in this format? You have 12 teams, you can probably only start 3 of them regularly-4 every week would be pushing it- and you can use closers or setup guys. Plus theres only one ratio category.

Maybe that was ron's intent.

Comment

• RP are significantly devalued in this format, which is why a number of closers were drafted relatively late (I took Putz too early before realizing I could wait much longer).
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                              Yes, that is correct. This is likely the only thing the SWAT is going to have to do, monitor illegal bids of this nature if it were below $13. The plan is to have he league(s) basically run themselves.
                              I've been playing around with adds/drops and the bid-meister, and as far as I can tell there are only two things that the software is not enforcing properly:

1. It is not enforcing the minimum bid required for previously-owned player that have a fixed salary, it still accepts $1 bids for them.
                              2. It is letting me drop players at any time, and then adding those available funds immediately to my FAAB budget, which I believe is against the rules discussed here earlier, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by laron View Post
                                I've been playing around with adds/drops and the bid-meister, and as far as I can tell there are only two things that the software is not enforcing properly:

1. It is not enforcing the minimum bid required for previously-owned player that have a fixed salary, it still accepts $1 bids for them.
                                2. It is letting me drop players at any time, and then adding those available funds immediately to my FAAB budget, which I believe is against the rules discussed here earlier, correct?
                                1. Is what I said the SWAT would have to do
                                2. Should be the case assuming you are not picking anyone up. I have not tried FAAB yet in the NYC league, but what the system should NOT do is allow a bid greater than your available budget under 500 without making a drop.

Your salary is 485

Your drop someone for 5

You bid 20 on someone

This SHOULD NOT be allowed.
                                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                                X