Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
    From the rules...

There is no restriction on the types of players who may be bid on – Majors, minors, foreign leagues are all okay – with the exception of players on another Roto500 active or reserve roster.
    obviously i need to read the rules .
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• When did we say week 1 rosters were due? What day/time?

Are we going to use Shandler's rules for games played for eligible positions of 15 last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by laron View Post
        When did we say week 1 rosters were due? What day/time?

Are we going to use Shandler's rules for games played for eligible positions of 15 last year?
        Everyone needs to submit their Week #1 lineup in the Draft Continuation thread today and we will input them at the website and it will be retroactive to Opening Day.

I think we agreed to go with 20 games for position eligibility.

The first FAAB process will be effective for Week #2. When do most leagues who do online FAAB process it so owners know whether or not they got the players they were after and then can activate them for Monday's games?
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Can someone post the final google doc=rosters, as I left early last night

Comment

• I picked up Joba Chamberlain for $3 at the very end but he's not on my roster.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• is it possible for me to take another reserve?

I was forced to leave a list and leave early yesterday. I had wanted to pick an active pitching reserve to replace Matusz but when I looked this morning I had not. Is it possible for me to pick up McClellan -6 and activate him for Matusz for the 1st week?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                I picked up Joba Chamberlain for $3 at the very end but he's not on my roster.
                Fixed - both on the spreadsheet and on the OnRoto site.

If everyone can take a look at their rosters, please let me know if there are any discrepancies.
                "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  Yeah that is true and he is hitting 3rd while Utley is out. So far that has been fine. Jimmy has always been not an OBP fiend. Only reason I liked Tex more (and his RBIs).
                  You did realize this was a mixed-league correct? One AL player rostered and you decided to go with Erick Aybar. The junior league does offer better talent than that. ;-)

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                  ---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
                    You did realize this was a mixed-league correct? One AL player rostered and you decided to go with Erick Aybar. The junior league does offer better talent than that. ;-)
                    ??????????

What is this about? I don't have Aybar.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I think that was meant as a jab for ThatRogue, who is the person who drafted 30-something NL guys and Erick Aybar

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                        ??????????

What is this about? I don't have Aybar.
                        Oops! That was directed at ThatRogue.

---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• I do have to say I never noticed that during the past 2 nights. Interesting how that happened.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• And I'm guessing he might be a Cubs fan - Peņa, Aramis, Starlin, Dempster, Garza, Colvin, Brett Jackson, Kerry Wood.

---Stephen Colbert

Comment

• Unfortunately, the only prep I did was for my NL-only league...so I drafted players with whom I was comfortable.

And, I am a die-hard Mets fan...but I did notice the Cubs trends last night as I was selecting Wood and Jackson. I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but it was purely coincidence (if anything, I tend to favor Rockies and D-backs hitters and pitchers that play in big home ballparks).

((You know...I think it was partly subliminal too. I've seen three televised Cubs games already this season, and, at the time I picked them, I liked Castro much better than the remaining SS, and liked Aramis much better than the remaining 3B. I'm sure this was partly based on seeing them play.))

(((But, if anyone wants to trade me some of the excellent AL talent I am hearing about, feel free to send offers my way. I don't want to miss out on all the fun.))) :biggrin:
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• my roster:

Thole