X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still in, just busy lately

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawks Nest View Post
      I'm still in. Where are we with the complete process? Is anything concrete re: rules, draft date, fees, prize $$, etc etc.

Thanks
      -League Name

The Rotojunkie 500 Club

-League Type

Mixed, and we have decided to use Shandler's stats assuming OnRoto is going to accommodate them.

-Who's In

1. joncarlos
      2. TopChuckie
      3. wannabegriffey Are you still in?
      4. BigJonEmpire
      5. mjl
      6. mgwiz22
      7. laron
      8. Piney Boy
      9. ThatRogue
      10. Hawks Nest
      11. netboy47
      12. BuckyBuckner
      13. TranaGreg Are you still in? Yes, TG is in.

14. Flyman?
      14. SPF?

If anyone else is interested, please speak up, as I would not be surprised if an owner or two winds up not making it to the draft, so we certainly could use a few alternates to insure we maintain at least 12 teams.

-League Website

OnRoto
      Website Wish List:
      1. Restrict owners from exceeding the $500 salary cap, this will automatically set everyone's max FAAB bid. It might also complicate trading though, where if you attempt to make a trade that exceeds your cap, your trade will have to be pending the waiver of enough salary to make your cap legal. In my leagues, I typically require commish approval for trades, not to judge fairness, just to avoid a trade that leaves a team with an illegal roster. Perhaps that would be the way to handle this league. Trades would be submitted for commish approval, as long as both teams remain under the cap and have all their requisite positions filled, the trade is approved. If the trade exceeds the cap, or leaves a team with an empty position, then the commish will contact the owner for additional transactions.
      2. I think one page that shows everyone's cap space would be especially useful in this league, but certainly not a requirement as long as each team's team page provides this information.
      3. Dollar Values based on our league's stat categories.
      4. ... I'll add our additional suggestions/needs here.

-Money

Thanks to Todd and OnRoto, it doesn't look like we will have a website cost and Jason has offered up a subscription to Rotowire or Baseball Prospectus for the winner, so I don't think we need to collect any money. If this takes off, perhaps we can play for higher stakes next season.

-How/when do we hold the draft?

Tuesday, April 5, 8:00 PM Eastern (and Wednesday, April 6th, 8 PM, if necessary) via WebEx. We did a WebEx trial run this week and decided we will conduct all nominating/drafting and bidding via IM Chat but we will also use audio for discussion/trash talk. We will track rosters and overbids in a separate Google Doc.

-Do we use Shandler's List or other?

We are using Shandler's List: http://www.baseballhq.com/roto500.XLS

I sent out a file yesterday with roughly the Top 400 rookies and $1 players added to Shandler's list (sounds like a movie title). If you haven't received this amended list, PM your email address to me and I'll send it to you.

-Are we a Keeper league?

Assume we will be a keeper league and draft and trade accordingly.

-Draft Procedure

Draft will be intertwined, draft whoever, whenever you want, as long as you are able to fill out your requisite 23-man active roster with players on a MLB 25-man roster and not on the DL, and you do not exceed $500 total salary. We will track max bid and once you have only $1 per requisite active roster spot you will only be allowed to nominate/draft $1 valued players.

What other issues must we decide on?
      Last edited by TopChuckie; 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Good to know. That makes things easier for me - I might end up listening on headphones since my daughter will be asleep and I'd rather not have to sit downstairs in the kitchen all night
        I briefly logged on to WebEx with the guys last time, and the system asked for my cell and called me to listen in/speak with the others... do you guys know if there's a way to listen, talk through the PC speakers and mic instead of cell phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by laron View Post
          I briefly logged on to WebEx with the guys last time, and the system asked for my cell and called me to listen in/speak with the others... do you guys know if there's a way to listen, talk through the PC speakers and mic instead of cell phone?
          Darren might have to do something with the webex settings. I know that when I set up a webex here at work, I can give people the option of phone, mic/speakers, both, or none.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
            I think the keeper salary would always be the higher of either the current salary or the two year average. If you get a guy in the draft for $55 and he has a crappy year, or even just a $45 year, you don't get to keep him for less than $55. If he had a $45 season but you decide to keep him at $55 and then he has another $45 season, he would still be $55 if you wanted to keep him again, not $45.

The next question is, are there any limits on how many times you can keep a player or are there any contracts. I think the answer is no.
            Just to triple-check, if any player is bought for, say, $80 dlls in the initial auction, his keeper price will NEVER drop from that amount through the years correct? it will never reset to the 2-yr average? Same thing with players won in FAAB for higher amounts? I think this is the biggest keeper issue not explicitly spelled out by Ron

Comment

• Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
              What other issues must we decide on?
              Draft order?
              "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
              ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

• Originally posted by laron View Post
                Just to triple-check, if any player is bought for, say, $80 dlls in the initial auction, his keeper price will NEVER drop from that amount through the years correct? it will never reset to the 2-yr average? Same thing with players won in FAAB for higher amounts? I think this is the biggest keeper issue not explicitly spelled out by Ron
                That is my understanding and how I think we should do it. Always the highest possible salary, overbid, FAAB bid, two-year average.

From Shandler's Word Doc:
                Keeper player salaries will be determined by the higher of (1) the upcoming season’s list price as calculated by Baseball HQ, or (2) the auction price for the player in the preceding year’s draft.

An owner shouldn't benefit from his player under performing. Also, the owner who bids $120 for Pujols this year shouldn't get to keep Pujols for $56 next year because he's averaged $56 in 2010-2011, right?

BUT, I guess that's not consistent with players obtained at value. If I was allowed to draft Pujols at his Shandler value of $52 this year and he has a $45 year in 2011, he would have a $47 value in '12 ('10: $49, '11: $45 => '12: $47).

Still, I think that's the benefit of getting a player at his value and the penalty or cost of overbidding. If an owner ever does anything to cause a player's salary to exceed his default value, then the owner is locked into that increased salary, at a minimum.

Jose Batista was $6 in '09, $39 in '10, if you had overbid for Batista last year for say $12, you would still have to keep him at his two-year average of $23 for this year.

ETA: The more I read the part in bold above, I think a key issue is does "auction price" mean overbid price, or does it simply mean the price of the player obtained at the draft, even if that price is his Shandler Value? If no one overbids and you get Pujols at his Shandler Value of $52 and he has a $45 year in '11, do you still have to keep him at $52 or do you get the reduced two-year average of $47? I guess we need to vote/discuss.
                Last edited by TopChuckie; 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by netboy47 View Post
                  Draft order?
                  Yeah, I was thinking about that. I guess we need to do some random generator, but how do we do that in a way everyone feels is fair and legit? I would like to do that as soon as possible so I can set up my homemade draft tools correctly ahead of time, and for strategy purposes. We still need confirmation from wannabegriffey and TranaGreg to make sure we know who to include in the correct draft order. I've never really been in a completely online league, I would assume some of you have determined draft orders in a fair and unbiased manner in the past?

ETA: Sorry, just found a PM from TranaGreg, he's in. wannabegriffey is the only one we need to hear from, but we are at 12 teams now.
                  Last edited by TopChuckie; 04-01-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Yep we should vote since there's some gray area

If we go over 12 owners won't we have to recalc values?

Comment

• We're set up at OnRoto. If I have your email, you should have gotten an invite. I need Hawks Nest and TranaGreg's email address, and wannabegriffey's if he is still interested.

We need to set the draft order.

We need to clarify the definition of "auction price".

The only change I made to the default OnRoto setup was to add waivers for players recently cut. All my leagues use waivers, I'm not sure if there is a reason not to use them in this sort of league.

Comment

• For the draft order:

2024 TOP 200 Fantasy Football Rankings, TOP 200 PPR Cheatsheets TOP 200 PPR Draft / Draft Rankings

Automatically emails everyone in the league the draft order simultaneously. Once we get confirmation of all teams and emails, I can set this up and run it.
                        "Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?"

"Sixty eight percent of Republicans don't believe in evolution. On the other hand, only five percent of monkeys believe in Republicans."
                        ---Stephen Colbert

2002 & 2010 HCBB Champion --- http://hcbb.info

Comment

• The auction price is the overbid price if there was one for keeper purposes, we discussed this during the NYC draft today.

NOTE -- OnRoto is doing something really cool and customizing the FAAB each period to be your max bid, based on your cap. If you have $305 on your present roster, your FAAB that week will be listed as $195.

NOTE x2 -- With FAAB, keep in mind BY RULE you need to have the open cap space THAT WEEK WITHOUT DROPPING A PLAYER TO MAKE ROOM. That is, I cannot be at 500, bid $15 on Smith and drop Jones whose salary is $15. In order to bid $15, I have to have no more than $485 on my roster at that time.
                          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• If I received an onroto invite I ahave deleted it accidently. I would appreciate a second invite. Thank you.

Comment

• Sorry, I was trying to rearrange my schedule and can not fit in the time.

Hopfully someone can step in to take on the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                                Sorry, I was trying to rearrange my schedule and can not fit in the time.

Hopfully someone can step in to take on the team?
                                No, that's fine, I think you were 13 anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X