No announcement yet.

is it too early to rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can you keep those guys at those prices?

ok, here's a data point for you. In RJEL (18-team mixed, 5x5 using OBP, the normal structure where you can keep players two years plus $5/yr raises), I traded the following before last season for Trout who would be $25 through 2019:

Abreu $31, going into year 2, just after he hit .317/.383/.581 with 36 HR
    DGordon $9, going into year 2, just after he hit .289/.326/.378 with 64 SB
    Duda $5, going into year 2, just after he hit .253/.349/.481 with 30 HR
    Yelich $3, going into year 2, just after he hit .284/.362/.402 with 94 R and 21 SB
    Daniel Norris, #18 prospect according to Baseball America, on a minor-league contract
    Greg Bird, on a minor-league contract

And this deal was generally seen as reasonable or that I'd gotten a good deal.

If this guy wants both Trout and Harper, he's going to have to do better than that, and you're not going to throw in any other $30 talent. What else does he have on his roster?

I'd at least email the rest of the league and say that you're considering trading Trout and/or Harper and see if the rest of the league gives you similar valuations.
    Last edited by mjl; 04-12-2016, 01:37 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I think from his other post, both guys would go up $6 next year. At those prices they are still fantastic keepers.

I agree with mjl. Dump wins and ks. Load up on closers and good ratio MRs and coast to the money.

Is there an innings minimum?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Heye- good idea on dumping Ws and Ks. Go big after holds, saves, and ratios, keep the dominant hitting, and roll on. You might need one more decent base stealer.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There is an innings limit... 1200-1700 and an AB limit.. 3950. If you fall short of either, you lose a ML keeper.

Salaries go up $3 the first 3 years, $6 after that. Minor leaugers kept as minors don't go up.

He also offered up Bradley Zimmer $5 for Bogaerts, but I don't trust Iglesias as a replacement for Xander.

His roster - he's got Yelich $16, Castellanos $3, Lawrie $5, Plouffe $1, Alex Gordon $15, Pederson $4, Moncada $2, Devers $10, Bregman $5, Raisel Iglesias $4, Price $29, Scherzer $47. Those are the main guys.

So do I need to look at moving Gray? And what should I look for if I do?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
            There is an innings limit... 1200-1700 and an AB limit.. 3950. If you fall short of either, you lose a ML keeper.

Salaries go up $3 the first 3 years, $6 after that. Minor leaugers kept as minors don't go up.

He also offered up Bradley Zimmer $5 for Bogaerts, but I don't trust Iglesias as a replacement for Xander.

His roster - he's got Yelich $16, Castellanos $3, Lawrie $5, Plouffe $1, Alex Gordon $15, Pederson $4, Moncada $2, Devers $10, Bregman $5, Raisel Iglesias $4, Price $29, Scherzer $47. Those are the main guys.

So do I need to look at moving Gray? And what should I look for if I do?
            I wouldn't move one of your pitchers. Like everyone said, just chill for a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X