2K18: Ross Stripling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18: Ross Stripling

No-no through 7 vs SF in his major league debut.....

MLB Network ‏@MLBNetwork 4m4 minutes ago

The only player in MLB history to throw a no-hitter in his MLB debut is Bumpus Jones. He did it for Cincinnati on October 15, 1892

he was on my Sept add-a-player board that year but got selected by my archrival one pick earlier - that still stings! it was the season finale, at least, and I remember Bumpus went 1-4 with a 10+ ERA the following year and was out of MLB at age 23.....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow, Dave Roberts takes him out with the no-no still intact after 7 1/3!

Comment

no and not the W either

2-2

it's true what they say about Trevor Brown - you can only hope to contain him
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

....and Chris Hatcher promptly blows the no-no and the lead by allowing Trevor Brown's 1st career HR! Unreal.

Comment

And now Roberts gets tossed. The decision to remove Stripling made sense, but those decisions are always tough.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Back to back Dodger jinks by Revo. Damn, man. Cold.
              And he said they were his favorite team. Makes you wonder.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Revo, next time I see you, I'm kissing you with tongue
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  Revo, next time I see you, I'm kissing you with tongue
                  If nothing else will stop him, this probably will.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hey, Stripling still has his no-hitter!

Comment

The ESPN guy was livid during the live look-in that they took him out (not sure who it was) but it was absolutely the right call. How many pitchers have gone over 100 pitches this year? And how many are coming back from TJ surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        The ESPN guy was livid during the live look-in that they took him out (not sure who it was) but it was absolutely the right call. How many pitchers have gone over 100 pitches this year? And how many are coming back from TJ surgery?
                        To be fair, he came back from TJ surgery last year (he had the procedure done in March 2014).

And 23 pitchers have thrown 100+ pitches in a game so far this season.

Comment

Anyone see the video of him running the stadium stairs after the game when everyone had cleared out? Dedication to greatness right there.

Comment

So in an NL-only keeper 4x4 league, what kind of FAAB bidding is appropriate for this guy? What kind of realistic future does he have?

Comment

Revo, what happened buddy, I needed you for the trifecta today!
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X