Extra Innings vs. MLB.TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Innings vs. MLB.TV

anyone have these packages? I have Verizon FIOS as my cable provider, and they're charging $199 for Extra Innings with MLB.TV thrown in for free. But MLB.TV on its own is just $109. For every TV I'd want to watch a game on, I have an XBox connected to it already (that's what happens when you have 3 kids), and XBox has an MLB app, so I can watch through that if I buy the MLB.TV package.

So is there a point to paying almost double for Extra Innings? I assume MLB.TV airs every out of market game in their entirety like Extra Innings does.

I called Verizon to see if they would meet the MLB.TV standalone price, and they declined. When I pressed them on why someone who had an XBox or other device attached, which has to be very common these days, would pay almost double for Extra Innings, all the rep said was MLB.TV is streaming and just another way to watch games.

So is there any real difference? How's the HD quality of MLB.TV? Anything else I'm missing?

I got MLB.tv for free this week since I'm a T-Mobile customer.

So I downloaded the app on my Xbox and it looks great!

I don't see any reason to pay double!

Comment

I have mlb.tv & love it ... the only thing I can think of is that you might want to check the local blackout policy ... I know that it applies in some markets (yes, some cables companies have insisted that mlb.tv blackout games in their locality; fortunately not in Canada)
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I love MLB.TV and would never consider purchasing Extra Innings. The HD quality is great for me, the caveat being the speed of ones internet connection.

Comment

agree with the others - very happy with MLB.TV. even fighting two teenage boys and my wife for bandwidth i rarely have any issues with the picture quality.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

MLB.TV subscriber here. I watch mostly Jays games but it's great - video and audio (for those nostalgia days) feeds.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Alright, thanks fellas!

Comment

If you are worried about blackouts you can pay an extra ~10ish dollars for the season and set up your home router to use adfreetime.com's DNS. It won't allow watching in market games over your mobile network, but it will handle anything in home.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                I have mlb.tv & love it ... the only thing I can think of is that you might want to check the local blackout policy ... I know that it applies in some markets (yes, some cables companies have insisted that mlb.tv blackout games in their locality; fortunately not in Canada)

Comment

Working...
                X