Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to drop one.

NL 5x5, 10 teams, 25 players (15:10) 280 cap

Due to Drury making the team, I now have to cut one of my keepers before the upcoming draft this weekend. Cut candidates: Wheeler $2, Conley $2 or Pence $26. All in 2nd year of 3 year contract. I always play to win, but keeper list is not particularly strong so realistically may have an eye on next year. Draft and in-season management will dictate direction by June. Who should I drop?

I think Conley. Particularly with an eye to 2017 - Wheeler has a very high upside (and trade-able this year if you are contending), and Pence is trade-able if you're not contending this year.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I'd probably drop Conley. I don't think he's anything above a middling starter and won't hold much future value.

Comment

I really like Conley. I'd rather toss Wheeler back and get him back for 6 on a new contract.

Comment

Not big on Conley, I'd cut him.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would toss Wheeler.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'd also toss Wheeler and keep Conley. Frankly, with Wheeler having such a long lay-off, I'm thinking that if you added the innings in 2016 and 2017, Conley might be a better play. After that, Wheeler has a big edge. Plus, Conley will have a leash, Wheeler will have absolutely none. If he is rusty, they can immediately replace him with Colon or even Montero, until he gets it together, which may be a long time without getting IPs. I can easily see them putting him in the bullpen for 2016. Conley will get to pitch and show what he can do. His upside is lower, but he's safer in the short term, in my opinion. Plus, Miami may surprise this year. They have some nice pieces in place there.

Comment

I'd throw back Conley. Wheeler has been a worthwhile SP, and seems more likely to return to that stature than Conley is to reach it.

Comment

Working...
                X