2k17: Keon Broxton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k17: Keon Broxton

Does this guy make the big league squad to start the year? Seems like he's ready, but the Brew Crew may have incentive to send him down. Then again they have Brett Phillips coming up behind him, so why not play Broxton and see what they have?

Just trying to figure out whether to try for him at auction. Would lose him if he's sent down.

Not only will he stay up, it looks like he will win the starting CF job. Clearly, you buy risk with him - if he sucks, they'll likely go back to Kirk N.

But if he hits just half decently, his defense will likely keep him up and he'll steal bases.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I was going to see the opinions here, as he leads the league in spring training with 6 SBs already. I'd take him as a late round flyer.

Comment

Rymer Liriano got hit in the face yesterday and broke some orbital bones, so he's likely out of the mix for any playing time for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, I think Broxton is going to get all the PT he can handle.

Comment

Through 5 games, Broxton has 4 ABs. In the two games he's played, he bats 9th. I think he's going to become a waiver wire casualty for me tonight.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Through 5 games, Broxton has 4 ABs. In the two games he's played, he bats 9th. I think he's going to become a waiver wire casualty for me tonight.....
              Not my best auction buy. But also not much better out there in our league and I need the SB with Pollock hurt. Good luck!

Comment

Mallex Smith up to replace Enciarte...could fill in for those losing Revere/Pollock steals, esp. in NL-only.
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                  Mallex Smith up to replace Enciarte...could fill in for those losing Revere/Pollock steals, esp. in NL-only.
                  Definitely... if he wasn't drafted already by someone else!

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                    Is he officially up?

Comment

Yes. Recalled yesterday afternoon per rotoworld.

Comment

7 Ks in 11 ABs. I don't think Mr. Broxton is long for the major leagues.

Comment

7 Ks in 11 ABs. I don't think Mr. Broxton is long for the major leagues.
                          I am starting to agree with you... and I went after him in all my leagues. Sometimes, I hate this game.

Comment

Another 0-for-3 with 3 more Ks. That makes 10 Ks in 14 ABs. Yecchhhh!

Comment

Another 0-for-3 with 3 more Ks. That makes 10 Ks in 14 ABs. Yecchhhh!
                              They love his defense, but he's simply overmatched in the batters box right now. Probably better for all involved to get him back to AAA.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X