Need some quick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some quick help

20 team mixed, OBP replacing BA and SLG replacing HR, otherwise standard 5x5 categories.

I have a $10 Piscotty (can keep for one more year at 15), and have been offered a $5 Swihart for him (can keep at 10 next year). It's a 2 catcher league, 5 OF league. I have no catcher keepers, but have Springer, Grichuk, and Burns all at excellent keeper prices.

Thoughts from the pen?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

I also prefer the Piscotty side.

Once the season gets under-way, it will be a lot easier to trade for an catcher that can hit 15hr than for an OF who could be average to plus in all 5 cats (and may have a sweet spot in the St Louis batting order)
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I love Piscotty given your categories. I like Swihart too, and man finding a 2nd catcher in a 20-team league would suck. But Swihart is nowhere near a lock to be good this year. His K and BB numbers last year were surprisingly bad, and remember he didn't have a lot of time in the high minors.

Comment

I'd pass.

Comment

I am on the Piscotty as well. With 20 teams there will be some holes. Many of them catcher. I want the best players I can get.

Just curious do you have a catcher keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I am on the Piscotty as well. With 20 teams there will be some holes. Many of them catcher. I want the best players I can get.

Just curious do you have a catcher keeper?
            Nope. Both of my catchers were on expiring contracts

Comment

Piscotty.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks to all!

Comment

Your league rosters 40 catchers. There's potential to end up with a huge hole at that position. Swihart and Piscotty seem like very similar hitters to me and you already have 3 good outfielders. I don't usually base my choice on position scarcity. But, i think i would do that here and take Swihart.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X