14 Team Mixed - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Team Mixed - HDID

Typical 5x5, 23 man active roster, 6 reserves ( K = Keeper)

C Vogt - $6 K
    C Hundley - $6
    1B Votto - $23 K
    CI Cron - $10
    3B Harrison - $10
    2b Walker - $8 K
    SS Villar - $6
    MI LeMahieu - $11 K
    OF Grichuk - $10 K
    OF Buxton - $9 K
    OF Braun - $25
    OF Kemp - $18
    OF Calhoun - $12
    U Morales - $10 K
    P Wacha - $9 K
    P Sale - $34 K
    P Stroham - $11 K
    P Pinieda - $8
    P Gio Gonza - $6
    P Eovaldi - $1
    P Papelbon - $10
    P Boxberger - $6 K
    P Melancon - $11 K

Reserves
    Rusney Castillo
    O Arcia - SS Milw
    Knebel
    Alexi Ramirez - SS SD
    Daniel Norris
    J Winkler

Thanks in advance for your opinions

I like your auction buys more than your keepers, for what that's worth.

Seems decen, but you look like you have just enough SB to come in 12th (basically just Lemahieu and Villar, plus Buxton if he sticks). Your pitching is quite good, though I suppose you'd expect that with almost $100 spent on it and five keepers.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

You have a high-upside pitching staff, but you could end up short on wins and Ks (even with Sale) with only six SPs...and that assumes Pineda stays healthy, and that's probably a bad assumption. I think you'll need to do some early waiver shopping for a SP or two. I'd not have bought Papelbon. Given the high turnover in closers, you could probably find a third closer on waivers by May, and the right $10 starter could really have filled out your staff well.

I'm not as negative on speed - Braun stole over 20 last year, and is probably the only Brewer with a green light all the time, and Harrison should chip in 10-15. I like how you covered Villar with Arcia; the combo should help you. You'll need Grichuk and Cron to step up in the power categories, or I think you'll be short there. Not awful, but more mid-tier. BA and runs look pretty solid.

On the positive side, you have some very high upside talent. Buxton certainly has the talent to explode.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not a team that will be favored to finish top 3-4. No real first rounders.

Votto, Kemp Braun will probably be solid but not enough.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Been talking trade and could probably get Rodon and A Vizciano for Papalbon and LeMathieu. Would that help? I would need to activate Ramirez.

Comment

Originally posted by mike9289 View Post
            Been talking trade and could probably get Rodon and A Vizciano for Papalbon and LeMathieu. Would that help? I would need to activate Ramirez.
            Don't like it much, but I'm not as high on Rodon for this year as others.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I love Rodon, and I think that Vizciano is going to be the full-time closer by the All-Star break. I love a deal where you get the best player, and Rodon is it by a long shot...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I love Rodon, and I think that Vizciano is going to be the full-time closer by the All-Star break. I love a deal where you get the best player, and Rodon is it by a long shot...
                Lost Boxberger. Now I don't know if I can afford to trade Papalbon.

Comment

Lost Boxberger. Now I don't know if I can afford to trade Papalbon.
                  I think that you can...there's probably a 50% turnover in closers on any given season, so you can find one. And you don't have to win the category, just get enough points to be representative. Try to find a Grilli, whoever might replace Boxberger for a few months, Phillies closer, AZ perhaps, Strickland?
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X