Rookie picks NL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie picks NL only

I have the 3 rd overall pick in the reserve draft in my NL only 5x5. These ratings are from our own RHD (thank you). I think I can pretty much eliminate Otani and Grurriel as choices with this pick. If they sign in the AL they are lost. Unless you think they are worth the gamble?

How would you rate them for your team this year. If any of these make the big league roster before the draft they will fall of the list and be bid on.

12 Shohei Otani SP Japan 5 17
    13 Yulieski Gurriel 3B FA-Cuba NA NR
    14 Dansby Swanson SS Atl -3 11
    15 Brendan Rodgers SS Col 7 22

23 Manuel Margot OF SD -3 20

63 Trevor Story SS Col -13 50

No way that I would use a first round pick on Otani or Gurriel in an NL-only league until they sign (which could be in the AL). A lot can happen between now and then, but if Reyes gets suspended for several months and Story is sent down for a week to 10 days just because of service time, he'd probably be my target. If Story isn't available, then I'd grab Swanson over Rodgers only because he's closer to the big leagues (like Rodgers more than Swanson long-term, but he's several year's away as a high school draftee, and the difference is not that great). For the same reason, might consider Margot over Rodgers as well.

Comment

For this year? Story/Margot are the choices. Those aren't the best long term picks, though .
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X