Jimmy Rollins to White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Rollins to White Sox

White Sox signed Jimmy Rollins to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Only Tyler Saladino stands in his way...good low cost, low risk signing by the White Sox.

they were rumored to be a landing spot for Ian Desmond......I guess that's out the window now.

Wow is Desmond getting hosed......

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      they were rumored to be a landing spot for Ian Desmond......I guess that's out the window now.

Wow is Desmond getting hosed......
      Is he getting hosed or is he asking more than the market is worth? I don't know the n.l., so I couldn't describe his skill set but this late in spring, he must be asking for a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        Is he getting hosed or is he asking more than the market is worth? I don't know the n.l., so I couldn't describe his skill set but this late in spring, he must be asking for a lot.
        He had a terrible year last season, both offensively and defensively...he really couldn't have picked a worse time to become a free agent. That said, he should be able to land a deal somewhere...maybe he'll do the Kendry Morales route and wait until June for the draft pick compensation to disappear...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          He had a terrible year last season, both offensively and defensively...he really couldn't have picked a worse time to become a free agent. That said, he should be able to land a deal somewhere...maybe he'll do the Kendry Morales route and wait until June for the draft pick compensation to disappear...
          Is he the ss who turned down $100,000,000 offer last spring ?

Comment

Working...
          X