Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan Gattis: Hernia Surgery (2/9)

Out 4-to-6 weeks....

I had hernia surgery last summer, and not the 'lite' version. I was still back to work in a week. granted, I don't take a lot of violent swings at high-speed objects in my office
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I coughed my way into an umbiliacal hernia Xmas 2014, and have dealt with it with exercise vs surgery, but I too try to take it on the abs when my daughter tries to punch me in the belly
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Had double hernia surgery in March of 2002. Missed four weeks of work. My first real exercise after the surgery was about 10 days later when i walked several blocks to and from PNC Park for opening day. I was hurting after walking back to the car after the game.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          I coughed my way into an umbiliacal hernia Xmas 2014, and have dealt with it with exercise vs surgery, but I too try to take it on the abs when my daughter tries to punch me in the belly
          I have the same thing, also caused by coughing. I didn't even know I had it until a doctor pointed it out. I can't even feel it, and I don't spend a lot of time examining my navel, so I never noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            I have the same thing, also caused by coughing. I didn't even know I had it until a doctor pointed it out. I can't even feel it, and I don't spend a lot of time examining my navel, so I never noticed it.
            I have a really high pain tolerance, and mine hurt bad enough that I went to the hospital. In the followup visit, the doctor mentioned that I have some other muscle detatchment, and that I'd never have "six pack abs" unless he fixed it, but my insurance wouldn't pay for that since it would be elective surgery. "No thanks on both" I said!
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I have a really high pain tolerance, and mine hurt bad enough that I went to the hospital. In the followup visit, the doctor mentioned that I have some other muscle detatchment, and that I'd never have "six pack abs" unless he fixed it, but my insurance wouldn't pay for that since it would be elective surgery. "No thanks on both" I said!
              Interesting. It must be the other detachment that is so painful, or my hernia is particularly small, but I don't feel a thing and have probably had it for years without noticing. Sorry, man, I hope you find a way to take care of that. Sounds painful.

Comment

doesn't hurt at all now, so no worries

Comment

So Gattis is coming back to HOU to play catcher again? Could be an interesting boon to his value.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                  X