Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer 2012

AL only keeper league, took 1st in 2009, 2nd in 2010. Now rebuilding,

I currently own Sale @ $7 and Capps $6 looking to acquire McGee $6, but may have to give up Capps in the deal.

For 2012 what do we think of these 3?

Sale---Thornton is getting old and in Ozzies doghouse
    Capps--good arm and track record, but is on a 1 year deal
    McGee--Best arm in Tampa as far as I can see

Thoughts?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

For this year (for the time being at least) Capps has more value than McGee because he is closing. But, since you are in rebuilding mode, I'd rather have McGee long term than Capps at the same price. Capps is obviously older and McGee has better stuff which should eventually find himself in a more prominent role.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I agree. I'd target McGee out of the three if I'm a rebuilder. As an aside, it's way too early to be rebuilding already this year.
      I actually enjoy rebuilding. When you nearly repeat, you spend all your bullets. Eventually you have to reload.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I'd keep Capps if you're rebuilding. One of the leaders will undoubtedly need saves, and I think Capps will bring you a better prospect later than earlier.

McGee has a great arm and will probably close someday, but I'd not give up Capps for him. Especially now.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Daniel Bard was released last week in my league. With Jenks around does he have any hope of closing in 2012, outside of an injury?

Comment

I honestly don't see Jenks getting in Bard's way (even though he was signed through next year) as long as he continues to bounce back from a rough start.

Comment

Working...
            X