Keeper League

12 team league

6 by 6 scoring

Hr, Rbi, Runs, Sb, Avg, Ko's

Granderson and Tyler Flowers
    for
    J.Tabata and Ruby De La Rosa

whats everyones opinion .......

Let's just assume the prospects don't matter. I think they're both longshots with interesting potential.

With Ks as a category, Granderson takes a big hit over Tabata. Of course, he still kills him in HR/RBI. It depends a bit on your categories, but I would lean slightly towards Granderson if you can afford the Ks.

Comment

JCarlos

I agree with you .. I was giving Tabata the edge in " age " and also the edge in steals

I guess it comes down to ... does Tabata have the potential to do 15 hr year in and year out ? ....

Granderson 25 hr 75 rbi and 10 steals i think is close to the norm for him moving forward

Tabate if he could do 15 hr and 60 and 35 steals then it makes it more interesting

Comment

I like Flowers more than De La Rosa, but I'd still take the Granderson side.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In PNC, I don't think Tabata is a 15-HR threat. 10 would be a pretty good year. I know he got off to a good start and he's young. I am just not convinced, unless he starts hitting in the middle of the order and hits less ground balls, in which case his AVG and steals will go down anyway and he'll probably strike out more. Let me put it this way: I don't think he's a .300+, 15+HR, 40+ Sb, 8% K rate guy. He can have some of those things but not all of them.

Hurdle still hasn't figured out his lineup and neither has Girardi. If Tabata hits 2nd or 3rd with Cutch in front of him, then he's more of a 70-80 RBI guy and I might take him (.300-10-70-90r-40sb-80k)... but if Curtis hits 2nd that's a lot better than hitting 9th. I would peg him at .250-30-85-85r-15sb-140k, assuming he floats around the lineup all year.

If Tabata goes back to leadoff then 40 RBI might be pushing it. The bottom of the Pirates' order is historically bad.

Comment

As jc said, it really depends on what you need. They both will hurt your team in two categories Granderson will be K's and AVG. Tabata will be HR and RBIs. I think it is close, but Tabata will contribute slightly more overall in terms of his effects on the SB and AVG category and would take him if you are middle of the pack or below in both the power categories and the speed categories. If you have plenty of speed already and are in the top tier of SBs in your league I'd lean Granderson.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I like De La Rosa more than Flowers but would also take the Granderson side.

Chance, did you say what you meant to say?
              No, brain lapse. I do like Flowers more and I would even take the Granderson side if I didn't. Thanks, elD
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X