2K11: Brett Lawrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Brett Lawrie

the cards are certainly falling into place for Brett Lawrie in Toronto. Joey Bats moves to RF full-time; E5 got moved to DH full-time today; that leaves the less-than-awe-inspiring Jayson Nix manning the hot corner until Lawrie's glove becomes major-league ready. His bat certainly is: .392/.446/.608 at Triple-A.

How much longer until the Brett Lawrie era starts for the Jays?

Originally posted by revo View Post
    the cards are certainly falling into place for Brett Lawrie in Toronto. Joey Bats moves to RF full-time; E5 got moved to DH full-time today; that leaves the less-than-awe-inspiring Jayson Nix manning the hot corner until Lawrie's glove becomes major-league ready. His bat certainly is: .392/.446/.608 at Triple-A.

How much longer until the Brett Lawrie era starts for the Jays?
    All I've seen about him so far is how poorly he's done defensively at third base in the minors. I'm not saying he can't eventually be worthwhile there, but it would probably behoove him to at least get a few more months in the minors there, right?

Comment

Lawrie has looked awful at 3B so far. 5-6 errors, with 3 of them throwing errors. The bat is way ahead of the glove, as has been the case for most of his career.

Comment

Is there any chance that Bautista moves back to 3B for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          That could happen if they decide Eric Thames is ready first

Comment

I haven't heard anything about this since the winter but when Lawrie was first acquired Aaron Hill allegedly offered to move to 3B ... probably not gonna happen in-year but I could see it for next season.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I doubt it. Priority #1 is now keeping Jose happy & productive & that means he's in the OF.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Up Soon?

TORONTO - How impressive has Burnaby’s Brett Lawrie been?“

He’s going to be an impact player and soon at the big-league level,” said a National League talent evaluator, fresh from seeing Lawrie and the Las Vegas 51s last week.

“Some of the Jays scouts were comparing him to Schmidt.”

Schmidt who?

“Mike Schmidt,” he said.

Comment

Lawrie can rake, but his glove work has really been bad. They're making him into a 3B, but he's not looking good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Lawrie can rake, but his glove work has really been bad. They're making him into a 3B, but he's not looking good right now.
                    Obviously there is more to judging defense than just numbers, but it does seems he has become a little less inept lately. After starting off terribly with 6 errors in his first dozen or so games, he has gone errorless in his last dozen or so games and has raised his fielding %. Again, scouting gives a better picture than numbers with a 25 game sample size, but the numbers indicate clear improvement over what was admittedly a terrible start with the glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Obviously there is more to judging defense than just numbers, but it does seems he has become a little less inept lately. After starting off terribly with 6 errors in his first dozen or so games, he has gone errorless in his last dozen or so games and has raised his fielding %. Again, scouting gives a better picture than numbers with a 25 game sample size, but the numbers indicate clear improvement over what was admittedly a terrible start with the glove.
                      That, and as the article says, if the fielding at 3B is already bad, would it really be a major detriment if it was Lawrie making the errors and not E5?

Comment

That, and as the article says, if the fielding at 3B is already bad, would it really be a major detriment if it was Lawrie making the errors and not E5?
                        That is my thinking, although I may be underestimating the difference in defense between Lawrie and E5/Nix.

Comment

I think E5 is back at DH.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                            I think E5 is back at DH.
                            He's been playing 3B again since he returned from an injury on April 26. David Cooper is the Jays DH for now.

E5 currently has a (gasp) .818 FLD% at 3B. Yowza.

The Jays as a team have a ghastly .885 FLD% at 3B this season with almost no range. How can Lawrie be any worse?

Comment

Lawrie can't be any worse at 3B then Ryan Braun who the Brewers trotted out there for a season. Seems like AA would wait for service time though all things considered.

Comment

Working...
                              X