FA Pitchers - Deep AL Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Pitchers - Deep AL Only

Likely cutting Freddy Garcia and putting Francisco on the DL. Rank the following FAs.

I think Talbot's the best of the bunch and with Francisco back soon, I could take a chance on someone like Hochevar or maybe a Chatwood/Kirkman who might get sent down soon - adding depth for later in the season.

Hochevar
    Chatwood
    Kirkman
    Talbot
    Aceves
    Doubront

Hochevar
    Talbot
    ~~~~~~
    Aceves
    Kirkman
    Chatwood
    Doubront

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Hochevar
      ~~~~~~~~
      Talbot
      ~~~~~~~~
      Aceves
      Kirkman
      Chatwood
      Doubrant

I have Hochevar in his own tier here. Dammit, one of these years the former #1 draft pick is going to put it together. I think it may be this year, and even tried to trade for him prior to this last decent start.

Comment

agree with Smoke except Kirkman over Acevas

Comment

Of course my $1 Garcia would pitch a great game. I think Hochever and maybe Talbot are the only ones worth cutting Garcia for, but not the others.

Hochevar could be available as a free agent, assuming his owner doesn't activate him, due to our rules he was eligible for the minor league draft. I'm sure I could get him by offer Thome though, but will Mauer's injury lead to more ABs for Thome?

Garcia's my weakest link on my staff and there are always decent MRs to add, so maybe it would be worth cutting him even for one of the young guys.

Comment

Talbot hit the DL today for an elbow strain. And I was just about to pat him on the back for improving his strikeout rate. I'd say Hochevar is it from that list.

Comment

couldn't deal for Hochevar, Talbot can't be picked up while on DL, Chatwood went to another for $10, did get Kirkman for a $3 minimum bid for Francisco. Maybe a little help for later.

Comment

I'm a little late to the party here, but I'd keep Garcia ahead of any of the pitchers you listed.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                X