No announcement yet.

Mauer to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hart, Bailey, Greinke and Cueto were on the DL to start the season, and Furcal, well...

Can't speak re the Junior Circuit, but Mauer seems like bad luck I guess.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Furcal, Hart, and Bailey on the same team is kind of asking for it. Nishioka is unfortunate. Mauer was a question mark, and for most a good gamble. If I was a Mauer owner I would have kept him.
      It was an orphan team I took over and had to scramble for keepers, otherwise that wouldn't have happened
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Hart, Bailey, Greinke and Cueto were on the DL to start the season, and Furcal, well...

Can't speak re the Junior Circuit, but Mauer seems like bad luck I guess.
        Eaaarly draft, before St. Pat's and those guys were all on my painfully inadequate keeper list from the previous owner.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          It was an orphan team I took over and had to scramble for keepers, otherwise that wouldn't have happened
          Yeah, I get that. There is always a back story. For this example it would seem feast or famine. A couple of bad turns and it looks like famine for awhile.

Comment

Reports on the radio this morning said that Mauer has lost anywhere from 10-25 lbs. He looks weak.

Beat writer was suggesting Mauer might not make it back to the team until mid-May.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              Reports on the radio this morning said that Mauer has lost anywhere from 10-25 lbs. He looks weak.

Beat writer was suggesting Mauer might not make it back to the team until mid-May.
              If it is just weakness and weight loss due to a bad case of the flu, and he is out for a month recovering, I'd be estatic about that. But that is assuming he was misdiagnosed to begin with. Bilateral leg weakness can come from several other more serious conditions. If he didn't have that, but was just weak from being sick, that is much better.

I'm still skeptical/worried though. I'm not sure how someone can lose 20 or so pounds in a week or so due to a flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                If it is just weakness and weight loss due to a bad case of the flu, and he is out for a month recovering, I'd be estatic about that. But that is assuming he was misdiagnosed to begin with. Bilateral leg weakness can come from several other more serious conditions. If he didn't have that, but was just weak from being sick, that is much better.

I'm still skeptical/worried though. I'm not sure how someone can lose 20 or so pounds in a week or so due to a flu.
                Now, I'm hearing more like 10-15 lbs. I was sure I had heard up to 25 lbs., but I do want to temper that when I've been hearing 15 at the top later in the afternoon.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                X