Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brantley owners: worried about that bad back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brantley owners: worried about that bad back?

Word is he's been battling back issues all season. Yes, he's put up nice numbers in spite of them, but can't shake the feeling that a DL stint is on the way. Should we Brantley owners sell high now? Main reason I ask is, I ave an interesting offer:

I give: Brantley & Cano
    I get: B.Harper & Panik.

I could use AVG and HR, both of which Harper & Panik provide. Who knows if Cano will come around and, again, might be time to roll the dice and get ahead of Brantley's back injury woes. Guess what I'm really asking is, how confident are you Brantley owners feeling about him rest of season?
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

I think it is a close call. You'd be buying high on Harper and Panik, and selling on the idea that Cano can recapture his form, or that Brantley can continue to battle through his back issues. Of course, it isn't like Harper is Cal Ripkin either. He plays hard and a little reckless at times. A DL stink could be in his future as well. Again, close call.

Frankly, I'm impressed/surprised that anyone who owns Harper right now would consider moving him. It is so hard to move someone playing out of their mind like Harper is. He is asking a lot for him, but not as much as it would take for me to get him in my league.

Comment

I would not have the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger on that deal, but there's merit. Back injuries are about the worst to play through since they chronically flare up and impact everything - hitting for average, hitting for power, and baserunning - so, following the old Mike Lansing theory, dealing high on a player with back injuries makes sense. Cano is sure playing like he's hurt, though there's no reports of such.

But the downside of seeing Harper get hurt, Cano turn it around, and Brantley just keep hitting as he has would prevent me from pulling the trigger.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd be on that deal pretty quickly.
        You're not getting him cheap, but we might just be witnessing a coming out party for Harper, and he'd definitely be a top 3 pick today.
        You're nervous about Brantley, and others are pretty nervous about Cano.
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

for the input, guys. I think I'll see if he's still interested.
          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
          1B-Cron
          2B- Villar
          SS- Andrus
          3B-Baez
          MI-L. Gurriel
          CI- Y.Gurriel
          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
          UTIL- Benintendi
          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson