Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trading - how many pitchers from the same team is too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading - how many pitchers from the same team is too many?

12-team mixed. I'm in second, my only bad categories are AVG and W. Not surprised on AVG, but the wins have been slow to come, although I'm also using more relievers than most teams and trying to make it up with streaming and the streaming has done poorly so far.

My staff: Kluber, Harvey, Hammel, various SP (currently Eovaldi, Wada, Buchholz), Chapman, Miller, Soria

Should I be willing to trade one of my closers for Carrasco and Salazar? If so, which one? Miller is at $1, Soria at $4, Chapman is expiring. Should I care that I'd have three Cleveland SPs?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

[]. Should I care that I'd have three Cleveland SPs?[]

- In the case of Cleveland, which has some pretty crappy fielders in back of its pitchers, I would say yes. But it depends on what other options you have to do what you need to do.

Comment

2 if they are phillies.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

If you can get them both for a closer, I'd definitely go for it. Soria would be the one I'd offer. You will always be able to find another closer later if necessary.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Those 3 Cleveland pitchers are NOT too many to have on one staff. Each one is a legitimate stud in his own right, and the K's that they bring to the table mitigate the risks of a crappy defense.

I'd probably offer Chapman, since I like my cake and eat it too...a 1 buck Miller and a 4 buck Soria are both great keepers.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            2 if they are phillies.
            1 if they are Rockies.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I loaded up with three Tampa Bay pitchers, because the team is unappreciated and the defense is excellent. Miley is toast, but Karns and Odorizzi have been gold. Last year it was the Mets, but I missed getting deGrom. That did not work as well.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I feel like fantasy baseball is a place where you would want as many SP from the same team as possible (as long as they're good) since it decreases the odds of you having your starting pitchers face each other and thus reducing your chance of a win.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  I feel like fantasy baseball is a place where you would want as many SP from the same team as possible (as long as they're good) since it decreases the odds of you having your starting pitchers face each other and thus reducing your chance of a win.
                  Great point.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                  X