Any news on Kyle Blanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on Kyle Blanks?

Does anyone have an update on the status of Kyle Blanks?

4/9 Kyle Blanks is close to "playing without restriction," manager Bud Black said. Blanks will start at Double-A San Antonio as a designated hitter and eventually return to the field. Black said Blanks will play both first base and in the outfield. …
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      4/9 Kyle Blanks is close to "playing without restriction," manager Bud Black said. Blanks will start at Double-A San Antonio as a designated hitter and eventually return to the field. Black said Blanks will play both first base and in the outfield. …
      I think he'll likely need a few months in the minors to regain his rhythm since he hasn't played in almost a year I believe. Best case scenario would likely be a June/July callup if he starts to heat up with the bat.

Comment

If he regains his stroke, he could supplant Hawpe/Cantu/Ludwick--I'm pretty sure he'll be up before Rizzo will if he stays healthy.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Blanks has now played 1 game at San Antonio, on the 14th, going 1 for 4 with a walk.

Comment

I dont think Blanks is going to make or break anyone's 2k11 season but I could be wrong.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I dont think Blanks is going to make or break anyone's 2k11 season but I could be wrong.
              Way to go out on a limb
              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Only if your not named Hawpe, Cantu or Ludwick
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Guy would be a really attractive target for minor league rostering if it weren't for that atrocity of a stadium he'll have to hit in. I love targeting players with his kind of skillset normally.
                  he managed to hit pretty well when he came up, he's go power to all fields so it shouldn't impact him too much (it will as it does any hitter) but like Adrian (and I'm not intimating Blanks is like Gonzalez) he has power to the opposite field as well (he's strong like bull) so he'll still do well--that's IF he can get back from his injuries.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Only if your not named Hawpe, Cantu or Ludwick
                    Seriously, WTF is wrong with Ludwick? Nobody is expecting 2008, but what's wrong with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                      Seriously, WTF is wrong with Ludwick? Nobody is expecting 2008, but what's wrong with him?
                      Since comeing over from the Cards, he's done nothing. He hasn't hit with RISP, for power and looks lost at the plate. He's in danger of being replaced by Denorfia if he doesn't right the ship soon and Blanks if Kyle gets on a tear in the minors.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I suspect that Blanks will become become the starter at 1st at some point in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                          I suspect that Blanks will become become the starter at 1st at some point in the season.
                          Not for very long...Anthony Rizzo is raking in AAA .436 with 4 HR.

Comment

Working...
                          X