Casey McGehee out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey McGehee out

For the two people who care, Casey McGehee hurt his knee tonight and will probably need a trip to the DL.

I'm one...

I will increase my bid for Arias from -2 to -1

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

They've been looking for an excuse to play Matt Duffy and possibly bring up Adam Duvall. It's a veteran team that likes to first rely on veterans (I think mainly for respect reasons), but once there's a good reason like this, Bochy rides rookies. I wouldn't expect Arias' ABs to increase more than just a little.

Comment

yeah, all kidding aside, I know Duffy is their new IT girl and should have mentioned him. he could even unseat Panik down the road if he stays hot.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          yeah, all kidding aside, I know Duffy is their new IT girl and should have mentioned him. he could even unseat Panik down the road if he stays hot.
          And Duffy probably has better skills, when it really comes down to it. That doesn't mean much on the Giants, however. Panik was a big part in getting them to and through the World Series. They don't forget that. He'll be given more chances than you would think to prove he "real" level.

Comment

Watched some of last night's game. Duffy didn't look good in the field to me. And he only qualifies at 2B/MI now in most leagues. Will be a while before he qualifies at CI or 3B.

Do you guys like Duffy or La Stella for rest of season? I can't tell who gets more PT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Do you guys like Duffy or La Stella for rest of season? I can't tell who gets more PT.
              I'd grab La Stella, only because his skills are better, but he has a much more obstructed path to PT. That may change a little when Chicago trades Mike Olt and Starlin Castro to San Diego in the next week or so, but he's blocked by much better players at every turn. Duffy has shown weak skills, but an in-game effectiveness that belies them. The best way to say this is "he's a Giant" and all the Giants often look like this. That team is a collection of half-good players who wouldn't make most rosters because of the skills they lack, but when you put them all together with a HOF manager, they have the one skill you really need. I think the McGehee injury opens up time for Duffy first, or possibly Duvall. I think Arias stays where he is. None of those are good players, on paper, but they'll play...and likely do considerably more than their fair share of winning.

Comment

Working...
              X