Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anatomy of a Roto Auction: 2015 Edition (Warning: Very Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
    Jude, in the current environment, anyone who wins will have traded several of his best keepers. They'd probably prefer each team had fewer keepers, whereas the rebuilding teams want the bigger keeper lists. Not only has no team repeated recently...but no owner has won more than one title in the past eight years. We've had eight different winners in the last eight seasons.
    VERY interesting. our rule change came in the first year or so of our farm draft (I picked Barry Bonds in that 2nd rd, genius but I picked a bum in the 1st rd, some speedy Dodgers OF, so could have missed out), so that wasn't an angle to be played.

there really is more than one way to skin a cat (although why would you?)

last year not a single team dumped until July, iirc. would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I guess I'll use this thread for running commentary about my team.

Spring Training (April 4th): Rockies manager, Walt Weiss, says that Boone Logan will serve as the primary setup man, potentially harming the value of my $2 Ottavino.
      Opening Night (April 5th): Atlanta trades Kimbrel to San Diego, crushing the projected upside of my $9 Benoit.
      Opening Day (April 6th): My other "closer" Jenrry Mejia ($6), has elbow stiffness while warming up...flies back to NY for MRI.

Can you have a worse three day stretch from a rotisserie saves perspective? Because this happened at the beginning of the season, they didn't even have a chance to get me a single save, yet. Fortunately, I still have an $8 Parnell, and grabbed Logan for $6 via FAAB, but I no longer feel good about my relief pitching...
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

As I said in another thread, keep in mind that Logan is a lefty, and some managers don't like lefties to close, and "primary setup man" does not always mean "second in line for saves." It was fine to go and get Logan, but I don't think any of this makes Ottavino worthless.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
        X