Jonathon LuCroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathon LuCroy

probably the wrong forum as this is not a fantasy question. So mods please move if appropriate. With LuCroy coming off DL today, I was discussing him with another Brewers fan and we were wondering how he rates as a player both offensively and defensively. Does he rate as a strong long term answer at C for the crew? I really like the kid, but what is his longterm projection for the Crew?
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Here is a 2K11 on Lucroy. See if you agree.

Comment

LuCroy reminds me a lot of Thole. Good BA, not much pop.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        probably the wrong forum as this is not a fantasy question. So mods please move if appropriate. With LuCroy coming off DL today, I was discussing him with another Brewers fan and we were wondering how he rates as a player both offensively and defensively. Does he rate as a strong long term answer at C for the crew? I really like the kid, but what is his longterm projection for the Crew?
        I don't think he's a long-term answer for them, but then they haven't really anything else (Mr. Angel Salome, please answer the white courtesy phone). He's fair defensively, fair with pitchers, and fair with the bat. Kottaras is a better bat, but is inferior in the other measures. He's a fine, blah catcher, nothing special, but nothing particularly malodorous either. In this latest wave of young catchers (Posey, Santana, Thole), he is forgettable.

If he wants to make a long-term career with the Brewers, he's going to have to seriously improve at least one facet of his game. He doesn't have the glove of the long-time backup or the bat of a long-time team staple. Guys like this always get replaced by younger, higher-upside players that come down the pipe.

Comment

Hmmm...I'm more optimistic than Dane on Lucroy, more down on Kottaras bat skills. I see a quality receiver with an above-average (not awesome or great, just above-average) arm with a solid BA and OBP. Is he Buster Posey...well, no. Is he a .270ish-10-60 above average defensive C? Yeah, I can see that.

Kottaras made some major strides in the offseason in throwing to second and calling a game, but his bat hasn't been anywhere near as good as advertised.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Hmmm...I'm more optimistic than Dane on Lucroy, more down on Kottaras bat skills. I see a quality receiver with an above-average (not awesome or great, just above-average) arm with a solid BA and OBP. Is he Buster Posey...well, no. Is he a .270ish-10-60 above average defensive C? Yeah, I can see that.

Kottaras made some major strides in the offseason in throwing to second and calling a game, but his bat hasn't been anywhere near as good as advertised.
            Kottaras has hit .294 in 17 ABs. That's a pretty small sample size to say that the bat has not been as good as advertised.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              LuCroy reminds me a lot of Thole. Good BA, not much pop.
              Except Thole is proving to be a well below average defensive catcher. No one fears his arm and people run on him at will. Plus, he always seems to be battling with the pitchers. He either needs to learn to call a better game or develop some pop to his bat or he's going to be gone.

LuCroy seems to be a better catcher but I've not seen enough of him to have a strong opinion on his long term viability for the Brewers. But, a good backstop makes up for a poor stick. Just look at Yadier Molina.

Comment

Brewers sent C George Kottaras outright to Triple-A Nashville.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                X