adjusting for ridiculous inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    I tried to do stars and scrubs, not sure if I did it well enough. My team seems a little unbalanced toward hitting, but it should be ok. (players with salaries were bought at auction)

C: Ramos, Posey ($39)
    1B: Freeman
    2B: LeMahieu
    SS: Owings
    MI: Galvis ($1)
    CI: Goldschmidt
    OF: Gomez, Puig, JUpton ($38), Peralta ($8), Denorfia ($1)
    UT: Jace Peterson ($1)

P: Fiers, Niese, Rondon, Ross, Jansen ($26), Gio ($24), Peavy ($4), Roark ($2), Gee ($1)

don't have the bench handy, but includes Ahmed, Joel Peralta, Tyler Moore, Locke, Nuno, Gosewisch, and Maurer.
    RotoLab had you 2nd in projections (by 1/2 a point) and if I count all reserves (which is not completely accurate), you were in 1st by a healthy margin. So there is that.

Comment

Looks like you overcame the super inflation problem very well.

Comment

I wanted to revisit my advice in light of my auction results. I had to do the exact opposite this year. The elites when for really crazy money,so I ended up with a lot of middle tier bargains instead. Not what I planned, but I guess the right answer is to adapt to the situation and find value where you can. I ended up paying less for Kennedy, Sanchez, Tillman, and Smyly than I would have for just Scherzer in my 14 team mixed league. As much as I wanted Scherzer, I'd have ended up with a lot of holes I my line up if I landed him.

Comment

Working...
        X