Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for Hector Olivera this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for Hector Olivera this year?

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera will likely finalize an agreement with a team by Wednesday.
    Confirming previous reports, Sherman hears that it's an NL West battle between the Padres and Dodgers for his services. He adds that Olivera is "likely" to land a deal in the range of five or six years. The 29-year-old is a ready-now player, so he could play a major role with either team right away.-Rotoworld

So if he signs by Wednesday and is on the roster by your auction day, what would you pay for him?

Assuming he doesnt need surgery? I wonder if that's what has made it take so long to sign a contract.

My guess would be Rendon without the SB. Projection for Rendon I'm looking at is .283 17 HR. Not sure what thats worth... and at this point you have to assume he would start the season in the minors since he's missed most of ST.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'm thinking like .280-13HR-4sb with 450ish AB, though less if he signs with LAD since they already have all of the infielders. What's that worth? How do you weigh his upside and downside?

Comment

He scares the heck out of me. He clearly has talent at the plate, but the injury cloud looms. I would be hoping someone else buys the upside and outbids me so I don't have to make the call.

Comment

The Dodgers signed Olivera to a 6-yr deal.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            6 years, $62.5 million
            Well, I guess he wouldn't have gotten that if he needed surgery, so I guess it is safe to pursue him.

Comment

So now will he start in the minors or on the roster?

Auction leagues need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                So now will he start in the minors or on the roster?

Auction leagues need to know.
                Olivera still needs to obtain a visa, and as Yahoo Sports’ Jeff Passan notes, he’ll likely need about a month in the minor leagues, so May is probably the earliest we’d see Olivera in a Dodgers uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Well, I guess he wouldn't have gotten that if he needed surgery, so I guess it is safe to pursue him.
                  money means nothing to the Dodgers. They might view it as 5 yr $62.5M
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I have the feeling that Passan is a really unreliable source to go to for anything Olivera-related. I'd take everything he says with a massive grain of salt.

The visa part is true (as is the fact that the deal is still contingent on him passing a physical).
                    I doubt this gets done in time for those who have auctions this weekend. That means that he will not be available to bid on. Someone gets him for free this year. In our league the first round pick carries a value of $15 when activated.

Comment

$1 in RJEL. but if he doesn't make the opening day roster he has to be dropped.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        $1 in RJEL. but if he doesn't make the opening day roster he has to be dropped.
                        Good gamble, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I doubt this gets done in time for those who have auctions this weekend. That means that he will not be available to bid on. Someone gets him for free this year. In our league the first round pick carries a value of $15 when activated.
                          Well, our #1 pick took Addison Russell. This dropped Olivera to me at #2. He is $15 when he gets activated. I get to keep him for 3 years or extend after year 2. I am pretty stoked.

Comment

Working...
                          X