No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego native will be out for an undetermined amount of time; Padres' rotation depth will be tested early

Comment

• So, it looks like this in SD. No No Joe will miss 1 start, Darvish will be the 6 in the rotation of Snell, Martinez, Wacha, Lugo and most likely Groome. Once Musgrove returns, Groome or Lugo goes to long relief joining Honeywell and Crismatt. Honeywell can miss bats, but unless he outperforms everyone else, he'll be the one going to AAA when Joe returns. Dahl and Odor have secured bench spots. Soto and Nola look good for Opening Day. Azocar looks to stick until Tatis returns on the 20th.

Grisham is looking great as is Tatis.

This is going to be a FUN season for a Padre fan.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        So, it looks like this in SD. No No Joe will miss 1 start, Darvish will be the 6 in the rotation of Snell, Martinez, Wacha, Lugo and most likely Groome. Once Musgrove returns, Groome or Lugo goes to long relief joining Honeywell and Crismatt. Honeywell can miss bats, but unless he outperforms everyone else, he'll be the one going to AAA when Joe returns. Dahl and Odor have secured bench spots. Soto and Nola look good for Opening Day. Azocar looks to stick until Tatis returns on the 20th.

As always, thanks for the updates and insights, Doig! Any thoughts as to whether Dahl and/or Odor wind up having any impact? That roster is so stacked, it is hard to envision either of them getting much PT (though I wound up with both via the endgame/reserve round of my NL only draft).

2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Dahl should start in the OF until tatis returns on the 20th. Melvin likes to keep everyone fresh so odor should get 2-3 games a week, especially if Cruz or carpenter struggle
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So, it looks like this in SD. No No Joe will miss 1 start, Darvish will be the 6 in the rotation of Snell, Martinez, Wacha, Lugo and most likely Groome. Once Musgrove returns, Groome or Lugo goes to long relief joining Honeywell and Crismatt. Honeywell can miss bats, but unless he outperforms everyone else, he'll be the one going to AAA when Joe returns. Dahl and Odor have secured bench spots. Soto and Nola look good for Opening Day. Azocar looks to stick until Tatis returns on the 20th.

Wasn’t Groome sent down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Wasn’t Groome sent down?
              He was, even though he seemed to out pitch Honeywell and Weathers, I think the were concerned with his 13/10 K/BB ratio So Weathers takes Groome's spot for now.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Domingo Tapia looks to replace the injured Suarez for now.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis is returning Thursday, yes he used steroids to accelerate the healing process, but if you discount his production before that, when he never tested positive and his production in spring training and in AAA,just 5 hrs in his last 7 abs, you're going to miss out on an mvp season

Get him if you can and pay what it takes

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tatis is returning Thursday, yes he used steroids to accelerate the healing process, but if you discount his production before that, when he never tested positive and his production in spring training and in AAA,just 5 hrs in his last 7 abs, you're going to miss out on an mvp season

Get him if you can and pay what it takes
                    Will he run in 2023? Did he steal any while rehabbing in El Paso this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Will he run in 2023? Did he steal any while rehabbing in El Paso this year?
                      In 8 games at El Paso he has 2 sb & 0 cs. Plus the 7 hr, 15 rbi, & .515 ba.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Start Snell at home vs Braves on Tuesday in 5x5?

Wacha in Arizona om Thursday?
                        Last edited by harmon; 04-17-2023, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• $12 of FAAB place on Ryan Weathers tonight. I hope it is enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            $12 of FAAB place on Ryan Weathers tonight. I hope it is enough.

I have trouble getting excited about a guy who struggles to strike out 15% of the hitters he faces.

Until he can put that way up (more likely an unless?) his upside is severely limited.

In an NL league where you need a stopgap I can see it, but I wouldn't personally want to spend 12% on him.

Comment

• Anyone notice that, for some reason, today officially began the "im sick of this, lets all shit on him" phase for Juan Soto? Podcasts and tweets and stuff all over the place. All today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Anyone notice that, for some reason, today officially began the "im sick of this, lets all shit on him" phase for Juan Soto? Podcasts and tweets and stuff all over the place. All today.
                                It's either the Russians or the Chinese behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X