2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    losing federowicz to waivers wouldn't be the worst thing ever to happen...
    Would assume the Diamondbacks would pounce

Comment

Rosenthal is reporting Upton to the Padres.

Congrats Pads fans on a fantastic off season!

Comment

This is insane. From Seth Smith, Will Venable & Carlos Quentin to Matt Kemp, Justin Upton & Wil Myers. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          This is insane. From Seth Smith, Will Venable & Carlos Quentin to Matt Kemp, Justin Upton & Wil Myers. Unbelievable.
          Preller is basically treating this offseason as if he were a fantasy baseball GM and as a Pads fan, I love it!

Comment

Jim Bowden reporting it's Max Fried and Jace Peterson... Fried underwent Tommy John a few months ago and Peterson hit very well in AAA but not at all in the Majors. Both good gambles for the future but would be surprised if Wisler, Hedges or Renfroe wasn't involved

Comment

All I can say is.....Wow.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Holy smokes! What in the Trader Jack McKeon is going on here? It's like the offseason of 83-84 when they traded for/signed Nettles, Gossage and Garvey!

The farm system is getting a bit thin (especially if hedges, Wisler or Renfroe are included with Fried). I'm fine with it. Fried's had a TJ already and Peterson is a spare part, IMO. For a one year rental in Upton, I'm ok with it.

It's gonna be like the movie Blue Chips when they introduce all of the new recruits to the media: Shaq, Penny Hardaway, etc.

Wonder what they do with Quentin (I'd like to take him out back and shoot him and put him out of his misery) and Maybin?

Oy, my head is spinning. They still even have a rotation of Cashner, Ross, Kennedy. I'm not entirely happy with Hahn being sent, but you gotta give to get.

Projected opening day lineup of?

1b - Alonso (his disappointing bat might not be so glaring now that he doesn't have to be "the guy"
                2b - Gyorko
                3b - Solarte
                SS - Amarista (He's a great supesub but I'm not keen on him being the every day starter)
                LF - Upton
                CF - Kemp
                RF - Myers
                C - Norris

1. Amarista
                2. Myers
                3. Kemp
                4. Upton
                5. Gyorko
                6. Norris
                7. Alonso
                8. Solarte
                9. Cashner

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Jim Bowden reporting it's Max Fried and Jace Peterson... Fried underwent Tommy John a few months ago and Peterson hit very well in AAA but not at all in the Majors. Both good gambles for the future but would be surprised if Wisler, Hedges or Renfroe wasn't involved
                  Left-hander Max Fried, shortstop Jace Peterson, third baseman Dustin Peterson, outfielder Mallex Smith will be heading to Atlanta in exchange for the 27-year-old outfielder and a low-level player, per Jon Heyman.

It's gonna be like the movie Blue Chips when they introduce all of the new recruits to the media: Shaq, Penny Hardaway, etc.
                  Or like when the Magic introduced LeBron, Wade & Bosh.

And now they still have all these OFers to deal off.

Comment

This is A.J. Preller right now

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      This is A.J. Preller right now
                      LOL.

I gotta say I was skeptical by having another GM in town with the name "A.J." but he's quickly becoming a favorite of San Diegans

Comment

and they're not done!

Passan just tweeted the Padres flipped Ryan Hanigan to the Red Sox for Will Middlebrooks to play 3B.

Comment

Unbelievable. Another steal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Unbelievable. Another steal.
                            Preller is playing the market

While others are focusing on defensive and catcher framing, he's hoarding right-handed power which is going the way of the Dodo bird.

Oh, and he's done all this retaining three of his four best prospects and traded the unhealthiest of those 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              and they're not done!

Passan just tweeted the Padres flipped Ryan Hanigan to the Red Sox for Will Middlebrooks to play 3B.
                              Wow, that is a steal.

As far as the OFers, they certainly made a splash, but I think they would have been better served trading for just two of these guys, keeping or acquiring an elite CF defender, and using the pieces from one of these OF deals to upgrade an IF bat. That OF is going to be brutal defensively, and in that park, that is especially scary. Still, I'm sure if that trio stays healthy, they will make up for it with their bats. Of course, I imagine they will try to move their old trio of OFers for anything they can get. Maybe they can get a prospect or two back, or an IF upgrade that way.

Edit: Just read someone speculate that the Pads could flip Myers for Profar. Now, that would be something. That would do exactly what the Pads need imo.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-19-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Kemp is probably the worst defensive CF of the 3 (Upton, Kemp, Myers). Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X