Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has There Been A Better Trade in the Last Decade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has There Been A Better Trade in the Last Decade?

Than the Timberwolves trade of OJ Mayo for Kevin Love? Mayo reduced to a bench role, now suspended for violating the NBA drug policy. While Love routinely puts up 20-15 games...McHale was a dope, but this proves that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

I actually have some hope for my Wolves now...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Yeah, Love is looking like a best-in-his-generation type of rebounder. I don't know that he'd be an elite scorer on a team with better scoring options, but he's certainly worlds more valuable to his franchise than OJ Mayo.

As for best trade in the last decade, I'll throw in my two favorites as a Nets' fan: (i) getting Jason Kidd for Steph Marbury in 2001, and (ii) getting the rights to Richard Jefferson, Jason Collins and Brandon Armstrong for Eddie Griffin's draft rights in 2002. Those two trades produced two Eastern Conference titles.

A more recent trade that came to mind also had the Grizzlies as the far-too-generous donors: Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittendon and two (late) first round draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      A more recent trade that came to mind also had the Grizzlies as the far-too-generous donors: Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittendon and two (late) first round draft picks.
      Yeah, that was exactly where my mind went. Still scratching my head and enjoying that trade.

Comment

Didn't McHale's first draft get them KG and the last draft get Love? Too bad the 14 years in between were crappy picks and worse free agents. Wolves are here tonight but I can't go so I will have to wait until March to see them.

Comment

June 2009:

The Golden State Warriors have acquired guards Acie Law and Speedy Claxton from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for guard Jamal Crawford.

Claxton had maybe one of the worst contracts ever.

Comment

what is best is that Rambis got told (he must have right?) been told his job was on the line if he didn't play their best player (Love) after benching him during the first month of the 2010 season.

Comment

I have little to add, save that I made a post here. Woohoo!

Marbury for Kidd was a bad deal for the Suns. Kidd was a star in New Jersey. Marbury was a...scorer.

Comment

Working...
              X