Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenway / July 4th

The Sports Bar
    "Politics, cars, music, and what not are all open for discussion. Just do not talk any sports here."

Should that read "fantasy sports"? I think this is the right forum for this...

I am planning on travelling to Boston July 3 to watch a couple games in the Jays / Red Sox series. What are my chances of getting scalper tickets July 4th, and will Fenway be a zoo?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Fenway is a zoo when there is a game on May 1st and May 1st is a Tuesday. I would suggest trying Stub Hub and get tickets ahead of time. Ace tickets is another place to try. They both have offices right by Fenway so you can choose to pick up the tickets before the game if you don't want them mailed to you.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

right, check stubhub to get a feel for the prices.

July 4, Independence Day - good luck with that. And pray Boston isn't in a heat wave by then. It gets a little, er, gamy in the 'concourse.'
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

It would be nice to have tickets ahead of time but I worry that stubhub is borderline gouging. $40 for tickets on the sundecks. $80 for the right field stands.

I plan to see the games July 4-5 but could just go on the 5th if things are crazy on the 4th. But once we're down there...

Since the series goes July 4-7 I figure it makes sense to drive down on the 3rd, stay in the burbs (Manchester) that night and spend the holiday in the US. It will be my third time doing it (NYC 1999, LA 2009) and NYC and LA were both fairly calm.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          It would be nice to have tickets ahead of time but I worry that stubhub is borderline gouging. $40 for tickets on the sundecks. $80 for the right field stands.

I plan to see the games July 4-5 but could just go on the 5th if things are crazy on the 4th. But once we're down there...

Since the series goes July 4-7 I figure it makes sense to drive down on the 3rd, stay in the burbs (Manchester) that night and spend the holiday in the US. It will be my third time doing it (NYC 1999, LA 2009) and NYC and LA were both fairly calm.
          I live in Manchester and I think I can get you some tickets from my friend (a season ticket holder). They are bleachers but let me ask. Assuming I can, if you are going to be in manchester, NH I will meet you and give you the tickets.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            I live in Manchester and I think I can get you some tickets from my friend (a season ticket holder). They are bleachers but let me ask. Assuming I can, if you are going to be in manchester, NH I will meet you and give you the tickets.
            Terrific. I have a line on tix from another source, too.

I was offered a job teaching ESL for the month of July so I may need to change my dates. I will make that decision by next week.

Comment

Working...
            X