Microwave ovens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave ovens?

I took a little good natured heat for making scrambled eggs in the mircrowave. It got me to thinking. What or how do you use yours?

Popcorn is common. I can no longer eat it. I/we use it for frozen veggies. Sometimes corn on the cobb. Sometimes baked potato, reheating chicken. Never beef.

Melting cheese on some dishes.

That is really about it.

Oh, and at Easter the inevitable Peep show.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I took a little good natured heat for making scrambled eggs in the mircrowave. It got me to thinking. What or how do you use yours?

Popcorn is common. I can no longer eat it. I/we use it for frozen veggies. Sometimes corn on the cobb. Sometimes baked potato, reheating chicken. Never beef.

Melting cheese on some dishes.

That is really about it.

Oh, and at Easter the inevitable Peep show.
    Reheating leftovers primarily and popcorn... Mrs. SDS uses it to cook her boxed, pre-fab meals for lunch.
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

leftovers. melting butter for cooking (MJ cornbread FTW). frozen meals.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

reheating leftovers for me, making hot dogs for my kids
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I throw pop-tarts in for 20 seconds when i am in a hurry and can't wait the extra minute that a toaster takes.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

hot dogs for the kids. popcorn. bacon (mostly also for the kids). nachos. reheating pasta for our youngest son (who isn't that picky about it!). reheating other leftovers.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

toasters are banned at our work place. i never understood why.. until i burned some toast one night and set off the fire alarms. it's a really big building too. they sent three fire engines. i ran around frantically and found a spot to hide the toaster. then i came back once security located the spot and told them i burned popcorn. he showed the firefighter the spot in the kitchen where i did it, and they both took a good wiff and moved on, filing the report as popcorn.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. and i still have the toaster hinding in my car after i smuggled it out. because the moral of the story is, while popcorn smells really bad when you burn it, it's still almost impossible to set off serious fire alarms with popcorn... but thats not the case with toast!

Comment

i knew that was going to be a winning post even before I opened the thread. topic: microwaves, replier: nullnor FTW!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Leftovers, popcorn, melting butter, the occasional frozen entree, taking the chill off of fruits/veggies out of the fridge (sensitive teeth).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

My wife and son burn the popcorn in the microwave. It has a permanent burnt smell now.

I reheat my dinner in it and sometimes use it for veggies.

Very rarely will I use it to defrost meat. I do that maybe twice a year and that is only because I want to make meatballs with my spaghetti.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      i knew that was going to be a winning post even before I opened the thread. topic: microwaves, replier: nullnor FTW!
                      I'm still stunned that Nullnor has a workplace to go into.....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        i use the microwave a lot. i actually could use some tips tho. i didn't know you could do eggs. not having a water heater and all, i think it's been over two years without propane for the stove. i just bought a new toaster oven. i've been wanting to buy that infomercial nuwave oven thing. i need to cook for my cat.

i can't decide if the dog is pulling them or the dogs are pushing the bicycle. i think it's Japanese. and how did Japan end up liking animals more than we do? did the dog on the bike actually stop and wait for the other one to jump back in. and why are dog's dancing in congo lines these days?

did i ever tell you i caught a real fox once with my bare hands? it was a freak thing. i kept it for a week before i put it back. then a month ago i saw this.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...s/ratliff-text

i know it wouldn't have worked for me at the time but, really, i had the same idea 20 years ago.
                        Last edited by ; 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

the next wave of automation is gonna be computers and electronic databases taking jobs away from historians and lawyers. etc. expensive algorithms doing work humans used to do.

Comment

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

be sure to wear your tin-foil hat!

and, nullnor, do you write for Deep Thoughts? that last post would fit right in as one of those! ...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X