Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build yourself a Man's breakfast sandwich in under 3 min.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build yourself a Man's breakfast sandwich in under 3 min.

Place two hearty pieces of bread in toaster.

Grab a micro friendly bowl about the size of one of the pieces of bread. Crack two eggs into bowl beat quickly, put in micro wave (settings may vary).

Get out butter, ham, tomato and your choice of cheese. Get your plate and slice tomato. at this point toast pops up, butter both sides, lay base of tomato, than ham, than cheese. At this point egg is done loosen with fork and put steam side down on top of cheese, this softens the cheese, cover with second piece of toast.

Really good eatin in under 3 min.

"Hey honey, before you leave, why don't you make me a breakfast sandwich..." is much faster...

the "scrambled eggs in the microwave" trick is a good one, that's how I make them for breakfast sandwiches as well, using the right sized bowl or ramekin even makes the shape right for a bagel.
    Last edited by Fresno Bob; 03-19-2011, 01:54 PM. Reason: adding actual content
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

This is obviously for when "The Wife" is away or in the middle of doing laundry.

The problem with a bagel is that you need two and then it takes 6 minutes....who has that kind of time?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        This is obviously for when "The Wife" is away or in the middle of doing laundry.

The problem with a bagel is that you need two and then it takes 6 minutes....who has that kind of time?
        A bit like quick-cook pasta ... I could never understand why people eat that soggy crap when ordinary pasta only takes 5 minutes more to make.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          A bit like quick-cook pasta ... I could never understand why people eat that soggy crap when ordinary pasta only takes 5 minutes more to make.
          Ummm...I don't think a pasty sandwich would be very good for breakfast.

Seriously, if you make the sandwich as I described you will not think of it like this. It works and it is very tasty.

Comment

This sounds like a euphemism.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

why not just heat up a frying pan and cook the scrambled eggs that way? Scrambled eggs take 2 minutes to make in a pre-heated pan. Microwaved eggs is too Dunkin Donuts/Subway-ish for my liking. Yechh!!

Comment

Place two hearty pieces of bread in toaster.

Grab a micro friendly bowl about the size of one of the pieces of bread. Crack two eggs into bowl beat quickly, put in micro wave (settings may vary).

Get out butter, ham, tomato and your choice of cheese. Get your plate and slice tomato. at this point toast pops up, butter both sides, lay base of tomato, than ham, than cheese. At this point egg is done loosen with fork and put steam side down on top of cheese, this softens the cheese, cover with second piece of toast.

Really good eatin in under 3 min.
                Couldn't tell us this when you were called Guest, could you Gr-egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                  Couldn't tell us this when you were called Guest, could you Gr-egg.
                  My AL fantasy team is call The Hard Boiled Greggs.

Comment

Gonna have to change that to the Nuked Greggs or, perhaps, the Pasty Sandwiches
                    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                      Gonna have to change that to the Nuked Greggs or, perhaps, the Pasty Sandwiches
                      I might just use that Nuked Greggs if I am not in the money at the break.

Comment

Seriously, if you make the sandwich as I described you will not think of it like this. It works and it is very tasty.

Comment

I guess the yolks on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                            I guess the yolks on me.

Eggsactly.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Yack...my eyes..yack... that does not lo....yack...ook good...yack.

Comment

Working...
                              X