Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans of the big four professional sports need to wise up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of the big four professional sports need to wise up!

It's not the players or the owners..it's the fans who need to look in the mirror.

Stop spending your money on professional sports..tickets, merchandising, TV, etc..

You know how much money i have spent in the last decade on the NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA. ZERO.

Stop giving your money to these chumps.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Do you pay your cable bill monthly?

Comment

Thanks Mith. I feel so much wiser after reading this post. Perhaps you can give part of your library's copy machine proceeds to help end the lockout.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Which chumps would you recommend I give it to then?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Thanks Mith. I feel so much wiser after reading this post. Perhaps you can give part of your library's copy machine proceeds to help end the lockout.
          I don't care if there's any football in 2011. They can stay locked out forever.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Which chumps would you recommend I give it to then?
            Your local public library..duh I'm sure those chumps would appreciate it a lot more than professional athletes.

Comment

and you're posting this on a Fantasy Sports message board. Oh, the irony!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                and you're posting this on a Fantasy Sports message board. Oh, the irony!
                At this point fantasy sports is a way to stay in touch with friends i might never see or talk to otherwise. it's a diversion. If there were no more professional sports..big deal.

Comment

what if someday the majority of ppl going to college did it for a chance to play professional sports, because it was the only way to attain a middle to upperclass standard of living instead of a poverty one? coming to an alternate universe NEAR you!

sorry i've been watching too much Sliders TV shows lately.

come to think of it. where is Slider, is he here?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    At this point fantasy sports is a way to get people to like me who normally dont. Its working well huh?.
                    fixed
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      Uh oh. Time to check heyelander's premises for a shallow grave...
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        fixed

Comment

Imagine how many crappy Canadian rock bands we could afford to go see if we all stopped patronizing professional sports!

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            what if someday the majority of ppl going to college did it for a chance to play professional sports, because it was the only way to attain a middle to upperclass standard of living instead of a poverty one? coming to an alternate universe NEAR you!

sorry i've been watching too much Sliders TV shows lately.

I think that before that happened they would just drop the pretext of college, and let kids go straight from high school to NFL development leagues. So few of these kids get a real education. Schools would want to hold onto their big sports programs, since they are cash cows.

Comment

I have no problem paying for entertainment
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X