• Show
Clear All

• 2011 Draft Magazines

So far, i have seen:

Sporting News
    Fantasy Baseball Guide (Rotoman)
    Lindy's

Any other mags out yet or due out soon?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I saw a USAToday Magazine today in Walmart, never seen it before.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

The Yahoo Sports Fantasy mag came out this week also.

The Rotoman mag is the best of the bunch, I think. I like the "give & take" between experts; the call it "picks & pans".

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
        I saw a USAToday Magazine today in Walmart, never seen it before.
        Last year was the first time i saw a regular size fantasy baseball magazine from USA Today. It was decent. I'll have to check it out again. The Yahoo one is good too.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
          The Rotoman mag is the best of the bunch, I think. I like the "give & take" between experts; the call it "picks & pans".
          Picked this up today and read it on the plane. Nice to see Jason Collette in there.

Picks and pans are good if only to see what the hot "sleeper" picks are heading into draft prep.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Is the Fantasy Sports mag with Greg Ambrosius ceasing publication along with Fanball? I think fanball bought them last year (or in 09). If anything, I used to enjoy reading the strategy talk from the guys who played in the big money national contests.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

As usual, the Fantasy Baseball Index is earmarked to start shipping to subscribers around Feb. 1st, so it should arrive in stores in the next week or so. I can't say that they chose a quality picture for the cover. Looks like Hanley just pulled a hamstring.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Is the Fantasy Sports mag with Greg Ambrosius ceasing publication along with Fanball? I think fanball bought them last year (or in 09). If anything, I used to enjoy reading the strategy talk from the guys who played in the big money national contests.
                Yes, as far as I understand it

Comment

Is Rotowire out yet?

Comment

Just picked up the Rotoworld/Beckett (last copy) at Wal-mart last night. It was a buck cheaper (6.99) than most of the mags and is definitely one of the better ones if not the best. Also saw a new one by MLB, but it only had 350 player profiles and the format reminded me of Lindy's.

So far we have:

Sporting News
                    Fantasy Baseball Guide (Rotoman)
                    Lindy's
                    USAToday
                    Yahoo Sports
                    Fantasy Baseball Index
                    Major League Baseball Yearbook & Fantasy Guide (Harris Publications)
                    Rotoworld/Beckett
                    MLB

Also expected:

Rotowire

Any others?
                    Does CBS Sports still have one?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

i stopped buying magazines for any reason other than a list for the draft ... with the internet, there's more than enough information out there.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Just picked up the Rotoworld/Beckett (last copy) at Wal-mart last night. It was a buck cheaper (6.99) than most of the mags and is definitely one of the better ones if not the best. Also saw a new one by MLB, but it only had 350 player profiles and the format reminded me of Lindy's.
                        I agree. Rotoworld is the best is out there. This is the one you guys should be getting first.
                        拖裤子,
                        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                        X