Hockey's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey's back

The Billionaires and the Millionaires decided to stop fighting and the fans will jump back in like battered women going back to their man because they apologized and said I love you baby. Now we get a condensed 50 game season that will probably have numerous injuries because off days will be limited and they will cram as much hockey as possible into the limited amount of time.

Huh...didn't realize it was gone. Oh well...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

This Canuck stopped watching after the last strike. Olympics (T.V) and Junior hockey (local team) are all I will watch now - 6-12 games per 4 year period.

Comment

I'm a sucker... I'll still come back. Hooray hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I'm a sucker... I'll still come back. Hooray hockey!
          Me too! I love the Boston Bruins and hockey in general.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I am back also. I love the Flyers though many other hockey fans do not.

If the season was going to be cancelled I wonder if I could have stayed away for good.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I am very excited to have hockey back. After a poor finish to the Steelers season a winter without the Pens and nothing to look forward to except Pirate baseball would be very painful. Luckily a deal was reached and I get to watch some entertaining hockey.

On the down side the short season means some very difficult hockey for the teams in the Atlantic. With the rumored heavy division schedule there will not be a lot of easy nights for the Pens, Rangers, Devils and Flyers. On the bright side all four will get to beat up on the Islanders.

Comment

I'm back as well. Go Sharks!

Comment

Great opening weekend for the Penguins, a road sweep of the Flyers and Rangers. It is a sprint this year and every division win is going to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    Great opening weekend for the Penguins, a road sweep of the Flyers and Rangers. It is a sprint this year and every division win is going to matter.
                    Terrible start for the Rangers. They have a brutal schedule to start the year. They opened in Boston (loss) and then the next night lost to the Penguins. Then back to back Wednesday/Thursday against Boston (home) and Philly (road). Their offense needs to get it going real quick. There are a lot of new people and new lines but they can't afford to have an adjustment period.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

NHL Gamecenter is on free preview for January and $50 for the year (regular $200 for an 82-game season).

Fire up your Apple TV, iPads and iPods!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The Pens are only 4-3 overall now, but they are very importantly for my RJ posting purposes 2-0 against the Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                          The Pens are only 4-3 overall now, but they are very importantly for my RJ posting purposes 2-0 against the Rangers
                          A bet with Bucky?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                            A bet with Bucky?
                            No just enjoy when RR's team isn't doing so well. I haven't made any bets that I am aware of. Maybe I had some soju...

Comment

Great weekend for the Pens, a 5-1 win over the Devils. 3 3rd period goals gave the Pens a comfortable win. Then today the Pens beat the Caps 6-3 and put the Caps firmly in last place in the east with a 2-6 record and 5 total points, ouch. Ovi - Crosby is not even a conversation right now, what happened to that guy?

Comment

Working...
                              X