Building around LeBron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building around LeBron

With no hockey to occupy me this winter, I signed up for a Yahoo autodraft league. Well, I was lucky enough to get the #1 pick, and now I feel like I need to win this thing since I was gifted with LeBron.

This is a standard 12-team Yahoo roto league ... 9 categories which are FG%, FT%, 3pt made (not percentage), Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers

Some of the players I got in the draft seem like they pair well with Bron, but others I'm not sure about. Any input on where I should look to improve/change?

PG - Brandon Jennings
    SG - Aaron Afflalo
    G - Steve Nash
    SF - LeBron James
    PF - Thomas Robinson (SAC)
    F - Anthony Davis
    C - Anderson Varejao
    C - Glen Davis (ORL)
    UT - Bradley Beal (SG/WSH)
    UT - Danny Granger (SF/PF)
    Bench - Jason Richardson (PHI/SF/SG)
    Bench - Marcus Camby (C/NYK)
    Bench - Mike Dunleavy (SF/SG/MIL)

I've already got waiver claims in to dump Camby and Dunleavy (Tristan Thompson and Jan Vesely).

Granger being hurt indefinitely seems like a problem. It also seems like I'm short on 3s and rebounds, but I'm not sure. Jennings at PG actually seems like a good fit with Bron since Jennings more of a shooter. I think Anthony Davis will be a good fit too.

Be like the Cav's..don't get anyone worth a damn to surround LeBron and then b!tch and cry like a little baby...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      With no hockey to occupy me this winter, I signed up for a Yahoo autodraft league. Well, I was lucky enough to get the #1 pick, and now I feel like I need to win this thing since I was gifted with LeBron.

This is a standard 12-team Yahoo roto league ... 9 categories which are FG%, FT%, 3pt made (not percentage), Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks, Turnovers

Some of the players I got in the draft seem like they pair well with Bron, but others I'm not sure about. Any input on where I should look to improve/change?

PG - Brandon Jennings
      SG - Aaron Afflalo
      G - Steve Nash
      SF - LeBron James
      PF - Thomas Robinson (SAC)
      F - Anthony Davis
      C - Anderson Varejao
      C - Glen Davis (ORL)
      UT - Bradley Beal (SG/WSH)
      UT - Danny Granger (SF/PF)
      Bench - Jason Richardson (PHI/SF/SG)
      Bench - Marcus Camby (C/NYK)
      Bench - Mike Dunleavy (SF/SG/MIL)

I've already got waiver claims in to dump Camby and Dunleavy (Tristan Thompson and Jan Vesely).

Granger being hurt indefinitely seems like a problem. It also seems like I'm short on 3s and rebounds, but I'm not sure. Jennings at PG actually seems like a good fit with Bron since Jennings more of a shooter. I think Anthony Davis will be a good fit too.
      You're already a veteran at this. I was coming here to post that I thought your team needed rebounders and 3-point shooters. But if Varejao stays healthy, you'll need 3s more than boards. Though not as bad as you think with Beal on your team. I like the Tristan pick up (I have him on my team) but I'd probably consider dumping Richardson also. He's terribly out of shape. Overall I think this is a really strong team for your first season. 'Bron just does so much and covers so many holes.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        You're already a veteran at this. I was coming here to post that I thought your team needed rebounders and 3-point shooters. But if Varejao stays healthy, you'll need 3s more than boards. Though not as bad as you think with Beal on your team. I like the Tristan pick up (I have him on my team) but I'd probably consider dumping Richardson also. He's terribly out of shape. Overall I think this is a really strong team for your first season. 'Bron just does so much and covers so many holes.
        Thanks. I am definitely a n00b at this, I just lucked into LeBron which makes my team look a lot better. I have the #12 waiver spot so I probably won't get Thompson. Is Glen Davis good enough to be starting, or should I be worried about that 2nd C spot? I am not sure if Brow is going to play any C, that might help me if I get to move him there in season.

DeMar DeRozan is also out on the wire, as are a couple of guys from HOU (Delfino, who shoots 3s, and Parsons, who does a little bit of everything). I like reading the ESPN scouting reports on guys to learn what they're good at. (like http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1...son-richardson for example)

For some reason Richardson is 67% owned in Yahoo and only 12% owned in ESPN, which seems weird.

Comment

I would drop JRich and pick up Parsons. He shoots for a much better FG% than Delfino.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
            I would drop JRich and pick up Parsons. He shoots for a much better FG% than Delfino.
            Definitely high on Parsons also.

Comment

Thanks. I am definitely a n00b at this, I just lucked into LeBron which makes my team look a lot better. I have the #12 waiver spot so I probably won't get Thompson. Is Glen Davis good enough to be starting, or should I be worried about that 2nd C spot? I am not sure if Brow is going to play any C, that might help me if I get to move him there in season.

DeMar DeRozan is also out on the wire, as are a couple of guys from HOU (Delfino, who shoots 3s, and Parsons, who does a little bit of everything). I like reading the ESPN scouting reports on guys to learn what they're good at. (like http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1...son-richardson for example)

For some reason Richardson is 67% owned in Yahoo and only 12% owned in ESPN, which seems weird.
              I like DeRozan also, but he's more of scoring punch than anything else.

Comment

I'm not sure i'd drop Dunleavy for Vesley. I'd look for someone else. Dunleavy has the starting SF spot in MIL and he will contribute toward 3s when healthy. When he isn't you load up games @ the SF position.

Comment

I am going to disagree with everyone. I think you have issues in Blocks more than rebounding. Its enough of an issue to punt the category, which dropping Camby does. The logical next step is to trade Anthony Davis, since blocks are a big part of his game. Alternitively, pick up cheap blocks. See if Omer Asik is owned. He will hit your FT%, but he does not have a huge impact. See also Robin Lopez.

Michael Beasley is horribly under rated in both Y! and ESPN, though more in Y!. See if he is available, or cheap as a trade, before the stats start piling up. Other names: Tiago Splitter, Wilson Chandler, Marvin Williams, Markieff Morris, Chase Budinger, Landry Fields. At least one of them is probably on WW.

I do agree about Chandler Parsons (after all I drafted him in RJ).

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I am going to disagree with everyone. I think you have issues in Blocks more than rebounding. Its enough of an issue to punt the category, which dropping Camby does. The logical next step is to trade Anthony Davis, since blocks are a big part of his game. Alternitively, pick up cheap blocks. See if Omer Asik is owned. He will hit your FT%, but he does not have a huge impact. See also Robin Lopez.

Michael Beasley is horribly under rated in both Y! and ESPN, though more in Y!. See if he is available, or cheap as a trade, before the stats start piling up. Other names: Tiago Splitter, Wilson Chandler, Marvin Williams, Markieff Morris, Chase Budinger, Landry Fields. At least one of them is probably on WW.

I do agree about Chandler Parsons (after all I drafted him in RJ).

J
                    You're probably right about that. But with Anthony Davis and the rest of his players, he'll be in the lower third.

Comment

Thanks guys. Asik and Beasley are owned. Asik is actually I guy I have heard a lot about so I was hoping to snag him, but alas.

Looking at my guys' stats from last year, J might be right about blocks. I don't know how many I need, but I'm guessing if I don't get a TON from Brow, it won't be good. The projected leaders on the FA list are Thompson, Kendrick Perkins, Brendan Haywood, Robin Lopez, Taj Gibson, and Jonas Valanciunas.

Isn't Jonas Valanciunas supposed to be good? Maybe I should get him?

Comment

Thanks guys. Asik and Beasley are owned. Asik is actually I guy I have heard a lot about so I was hoping to snag him, but alas.

Looking at my guys' stats from last year, J might be right about blocks. I don't know how many I need, but I'm guessing if I don't get a TON from Brow, it won't be good. The projected leaders on the FA list are Thompson, Kendrick Perkins, Brendan Haywood, Robin Lopez, Taj Gibson, and Jonas Valanciunas.

Isn't Jonas Valanciunas supposed to be good? Maybe I should get him?
                        Oh yes get him now!

Comment

Jonas Valanciunas is a hell of a prospect, but he is a 20 year old looking at maybe 25 minutes/game. I have my doubts about his contributions this year. There are only 156 players rostered, and he does not crack 200 for 2012/2013. Do the Revo approach--go for increased PT.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

OK, so I ended up getting Tristan Thompson off of waivers, as well as Valanciunas. But I am starting to think that J is right about Valanciunas, he isn't going to be an impact guy right now. Unfortunately injuries are already piling up, Anthony Davis is hurt, Granger is showing no signs of coming back and who knows what's going on with Nash?

Someone offered me D-Rose for my Afflalo, but given that we don't know when D-Rose will be back, I don't think I can take that.

Comment

OK, so I ended up getting Tristan Thompson off of waivers, as well as Valanciunas. But I am starting to think that J is right about Valanciunas, he isn't going to be an impact guy right now. Unfortunately injuries are already piling up, Anthony Davis is hurt, Granger is showing no signs of coming back and who knows what's going on with Nash?

Someone offered me D-Rose for my Afflalo, but given that we don't know when D-Rose will be back, I don't think I can take that.
                              I think I've soured on Thompson. Dude is a soft big man. If Nokola Vucevic is still available you should take a flyer on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X